*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1764818-A-year-without-rain
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1764818
A town where it hasn't rained since 2059,the year is 2060,the earth is dry and crumbled...
My name is Jack Sliver. I have been walking these days with only a half-full canteen and a sack that contains wood for camping fire. I am a survivor of the disease crisis. Many people have died due to the disease. I'm not even sure if anyone else is alive. I am sure of one person that's alive and healthy. A german sheperd that I named Spy. He follows me everywhere I go. He looks up to me as his owner. I look up to him as my friend. My one and only friend.

Spy and I hunt for food (usually dirt or bugs.) I've never had a dog before and I'm starting to wish I had when I was a kid and the earth was green. I'm a 16 year old boy that is still alive. Spy is, i'm guessing, 3 years old. I don't know how he is living. Whenever I ask him,he just sits down and stares at me like I'm a doopbag. But I still care for him. He's the only friend I have.So with these final words I will start walking east, towards the Atlantic Ocean. I doubt it's still filled with water but Spy and I will just go and see. So long and wish me luck.

The End
© Copyright 2011 BananaPencil21 (laughingjoke21 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1764818-A-year-without-rain