*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1765426-Somewhere-Beyond-Forever
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Romance/Love · #1765426
I never knew that he'd still remember that he was my best friend.♥
If you are looking for a love story―one where some raven-haired Snow White takes a bite of an apple than her fairy godmother comes up and turns her into a pumpkin until good ole' blonde Prince Charming steps into the picture and saves her life (I've never been good at summarizing stories, let alone keeping to one topic)―you might as well just hit the [b]back[/b] button now. Because this is far more than just some mushy romance novel that your mother probably reads in the bathtub―or in my mother's case, [i]IDIOTS Guide to Parenting[/i].

This is real.

This is a real life friendship―a real life romance―that has more twists, turns, corkscrews and stomach dropping hills than the Spin-and-Hurl at Adventure Land.

Yes, it's that intense.

You see, our love for eachother was pure. He loved me, I loved him, and that was that. There was absolutely nothing more to it―well, unless you counted jealous ex boyfriends and a few random, near-death experiences that could have possibly ruined the lives of the entire universe in .0003 seconds. But anyway, what I am trying to say is that our relationship was [i]nothing[/i] like those bathtub-worthy novels, nor [i]IDIOTS Guide to Parenting[/i]. No, our love was something completely different.

It was something completely extraordinary.

Something completely unique and special in every way.

It might have been because of who we were. I mean, come on, you can't put two chess playing drama club geeks and expect something normal. There was absolutely no freaking way anything [i]normal[/i] could come out of that. To be honest, the word [i]normal[/i] should never, and was never a part of our vocabulary.

[i]Normal[/i] was just boring. At least that was what we tried to play if off as. We acted as if we were the only two sane people in the world, while every other human being fit the definition of crazy. But it worked, because we ended up where we are now―and that is, truthfully, the best thing that has ever happened to me.

Some might call if luck―although I did consider myself pretty lucky, you know, considering how absolutely freaking gorgeous the boy was, not to mention sweet―others might call it fate, but truthfully, it was destiny.

We were meant for eachother, and we both knew it.

Afterall, how could two people with so much in common, both with a crazy attraction towards the other end up together in the end? It never happens in real life, only the movies and those stupid sappy bathtub novels that I seem to bring up a lot when talking about my story.

But my story―[i]our[/i] story―was not a thing like something you have ever read, watched, or even heard of.

Our story was simple; short, sweet, and magical in every way possible.

[i]He[/i] was the best thing that has ever happened to me.

He was my boyfriend, the love of my life, my partner in "crime", my Romeo, my love, my heart, my One and only, my handsome next door neighbor...

His name was Jason Nathaniel Beckford, and he just so happened to be my best friend.
© Copyright 2011 Meghan Miraculous (loveandrockets at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1765426-Somewhere-Beyond-Forever