*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1765569-Blood-Brothers
Rated: 13+ · Other · Dark · #1765569
Mirella Verity is captured by 3 vampires, and is treated like Cinderella.
Authors Notes: This is told in first person, from Mirella Verity's point of view, and was inspired by Cinderella.  Instead of it being step mother and step sisters, Mirella is captured by a master vampire, and his "sons."  It is set in modern time, country is United States.  The prologue is a flashback to when Mirella was 12 years old, and first captured by Eliav, Conan& Niall Ria.  These three vampires are based off of the czechoslovakian vampire, called the Upir.



Prologue

         

         The door to my bedroom swung open, as the sounds of my parents screams pierced through the house.  I lay, curled up into the corner as my predator approached me.  Too afraid to look at the monster, I kept my eyes shut, and prayed to God that he would keep me safe.  I wore a silver cross around my neck, but he didn’t seem to care.  The house fell silent, as my parents screamed their last scream.

         My heart pounded against my chest, as I felt the cold heat of my predator looming over me.  I had always heard of monsters that stalked the night from story books, but never in my whole life, did I imagine that I would come face to face with one.  Okay, I confess; I always wondered what it would be like if a handsome vampire swept me off my feet, and asked me to be his consort.  Footsteps outside my door caught my attention, and peaked my curiosity.  Reluctantly, I lifted my head, and looked at the three monsters who were staring back at me.

         “Sire, what’s taking so long,” I heard one of the men say.

         “Silence, Niall,” the man standing over me said in a thick, middle-eastern accent.

         “Wh-what do you want from me,” I asked with a quivering voice.  “Please, just, just kill me and get it over with.”

         The monster towering over me, did something unexpected; he knelt down so that we were forced to lock eyes.  My room was too dark, so I couldn’t tell if he was handsome or ugly, but those eyes…those red eyes gave me nightmares for days.  Chills ran down my spine, while he examined me.

         “Pack your things,” the man they called Sire said to me.

         “I’m not going with you,” I said bravely standing up.  There was no way I was going to let this monster bully me.  “I would rather die!”

         “Then it shall be done,” he said, and he grabbed me by my nightshirt.

         I let out a scream, as I caught sight of his fangs; he was a vampire, and judging by his strength, a really old vampire.  I let out a scream as I felt my wrist break under his strong grip.  I really didn’t want to die, but what other choice did I have?  He tilted my neck, and another shiver went down my back as his fangs brushed against my neck, and I felt the sucking of his mouth against my skin, while he prepared to kill me.

         “Wait,” I said with fear obvious in my voice.  I decided that I did not want to die at all.

         My delay seemed to be working, for now at least, because he stopped, just before he was going to go for the kill.  I heard him groan in annoyance, but his grip loosened just a little bit.  I wriggled in his arms, and tried to look into his eyes, but it was no use; he had me pressed so close to his chest, that that as all I saw.  I took the silence as my cue to continue my little speech.

         “I’ll…I’ll go with you.  Just please, don’t kill me.”

         “Child, I had no intention of killing you in the first place,” he said.  “Pack your things; you will live with us, and be our slave.”

         “S-slave?  But…this is the twenty-first century!  Slavery is dead!”

         “Not in our world,” he said while releasing me from his grip.

         The three men left me to pack, and that was the beginning of my never-ending nightmare.





© Copyright 2011 Beth Ann Masarik (bethannmasarik at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1765569-Blood-Brothers