*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1766186-Divine-Davis-The-Start-Pt-3
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Other · #1766186
Continue...
¸.•'¸.•*'¨) ¸.•*¨)¸.•'¸.•*'¨)¸.•'¸.•*'¨) ¸.•*¨)¸.•'¸.•*'¨)¸.•'¸.•*'¨) ¸.•*¨)¸.•'¸.•*'¨)¸.•'¸.•*'¨) ¸.•*¨)¸.•'¸.•*'¨)¸
The car stopped when it reached a sign that wrote: |warning: shallow Area|
They all exited the car.
"Follow me boys. Bring 'em with you too" demanded Titus
They entered the foggy woods. It was darker than ever.
Divine got chills behind her back. She had dreamed of this place before.
"Noah!" she whispered
"What?"
"This is the place! My dream!"
"You guys better shut up. Wouldn't want you to scare my kids away" shouted Titus
"Kids?" asked Divine
They all reached the end of the woods near a cliff.
"Okay now. Noah. Do your magic" he said
"Huh? What?"
Titus nodded to George and Dave. They both grabbed Divine and headed even more close to the edge of the cliff.
"Noah. Kid. You see. My family has been waitin' to come out for 7 years! That's seven I tell ya! SEVEN!"
"Wouldn’t it be nice if I got to see 'em?" he continued
"There’s no way in hell that I’m doin’ that. You ain’t gonna bring anything but trouble!"
"Get this straight boy. You say no. Girlfriend over here goes bye-bye"
Noah remained silent.
"If that's what you choose then...Dave! Geor..."
"NO! WAIT!"
Titus turned back to him.
"I...I'll do it."
“‘Atta boy!"
Titus took out the box that Noah had brought him from Jack and opened it.
Noah expected to find the key. But instead he found another necklace that looked exactly like his' but with a blue gem.
"Here you go. And here's your necklace. Now begin"
"Noah grabbed the two necklaces he thought for a while 'I have no choice'
He rubbed them on top of each other then put them on the ground and put his fingers on his temples.
He concentrated. And suddenly the two necklaces rose from the ground into the air, a green light formed around them.....it turned white and it grew bigger and bigger.
Titus and Noah stepped back
He focused as hard as he could. George and Dave let go of Divine and had their jaws wide-open.

BOOOM!!
Suddenly a big hole formed...in the air.
Titus started to shout in it.....he was smiling....happier than ever.
"Hannah! Eileen! Jesse! Sarah! And Jack! You are free now!"
Suddenly five people stepped out of the hole...Divine was about to faint.
There was a woman with blond hair...and large blue eyes.
"Hannah!" Shouted Titus and hugged her tightly....his wife.
Then two little girls about seven each came out...they were twins...
"Eileen! Sarah!"
"Daddy!"
Then a little boy came out. About the age of ten.
"Jack! Oh how I've missed you all!"
Then a teenage boy escaped the portal.....he was about fifteen; a year older than Divine and Noah.
"Jesse? Son! You have grown!"
Jesse did not smile, or show any expression on his face.
Titus came to hug him but Jesse stepped back.
The portal closed.
"Son? What's the matter? You guys are free now! Now come give me a hug!"
"Why should I? You're the one who got us in there in the first place."
"Shut up Jess!" shouted Hannah
"No no no Hannah, the boy's right...It was me...and I am sorry for that...but things are different now! We can all be one big happy family now."
Jesse stared at Titus and had a good look at Divine, Noah, George and Dave.
"Who are they?" he asked
"Jess, these are Dave and George."
"And those?" he pointed at Noah and Divine who looked terrified than ever.
"Oh Never mind them...they won't be here for long...in fact this is the last time you see 'em"
Noah stood up and said: "What do you mean?"
Titus pulled Noah up from his collar.
"Oh, You'll see....you’re the reason they were all in there. T‘was your fault. I fixed it. But I'm afraid I do not have use in you now...or your friend."
Titus turned to Divine. Then turned to Hannah and said: “darling...take the kids away for a moment...I'll be back with you in a second George! Dave! Escort them please"
Hannah nodded happily
Jess beamed out and said: "what are you gonna do with them?"
"Nothing...nothing...now go with your mother Jess"
Jesse obeyed.
Now it was only Titus, Noah and Divine.
Divine came closer to both of them.
"What just happened?" she whispered to Noah.
"Stay put...I'll figure something out."
"Well...Looks like I'm done with you...”
"That's great...we'll be on our way...c'mon Divine"
"Oh no no no, not so fast buddy" Titus grabbed Noah and shoved him to the ground.
Divine gasped.
"Face it Kid, I won! Like I always tell you! I get whatever I want"
Noah got up but Titus shoved him back on the ground so hard on his face, that his nose started to bleed.
Divine smacked Titus on his back with a huge tree branch and morphed out loud.
"C'mon Noah Run!"
They both got up and ran quickly, Titus was behind them, furious.
"I SWEAR I'M GONNA GET YOU TWO AND YOU’LL REGRET IT!"
They both pulled in and hid behind a huge tree.
Both breathing heavily.
"You okay?" he asked
Divine nodded
"We gotta get out of here...”
"I know...we're going to my pa's house."
"Where does he live?"
"Here in Brooklyn"
"Let's go. Careful...Titus might be..."
"THIS CLOSE TO YOUR END!" Titus popped out of nowhere.
"RUN!"
Noah and Divine were running rapidly. Titus was actually having a hard time running from all the crushed branches and foggy air.
"C’mon we're almost there." said Noah
They were both relieved when they saw sunlight...they've reached the end of the misty woods....but it wasn’t over yet. Titus was inches behind.
He got a grip of Divine and pulled her back
She yelped with fear.
Noah stopped and turned around.
"Like I said."
He threw Divine on the ground...On her head...and pulled out his gun and put it on Divine's temple...
"Say good-bye to this crap world"
"1...” Titus started to count
"2...”
Divine shut her eyes
"NoooO!!" shouted Noah
"THREE!" beamed out Jesse.
Titus turned around and Jesse punched him so hard on the face that Divine heard a crack.
Then he picked up a branch and smacked Titus on the head with it...he held the branch so tightly that blood came out of his hand.
Titus rolled on the floor. He stopped and looked shocked...His pupil was as the size of an ant. His face was yellow.
"Jess. What. Are. You. Doing?" said Titus taking a breath in each word he said.
"I'm doing what's right." he replied
"I'm your father!"
"No. You are not. My father's alive somewhere here and you're just......you're...I can't even say!! What are you?? You're not human...not a spirit...not an animal. What the hell are you?"
Titus' head suddenly turned red....like a tomato...he was angry.
Jesse turned to Divine and Noah who were staring with shock and said: "Go! Run!"
The three of them were running away from Titus...
They reached the highway...
Titus was not that far away.
Noah called a Taxi...really quick...
"Sea Gate!" he shouted "Step on it!"
"Hey...do you know who you're messin' with?" beamed out the taxi driver.
Titus had stuck his face to the window it was daunting
The three of them shouted hysterically
"NOW!"
The Driver hit the gas and the tires screeched loudly and vehemently... They were out of there by a nanosecond.

Everyone was breathing heavily.
"So Sea Gate?" asked the Driver
"Yeah" replied Noah
Divine glared at Jesse.
"Why did you do that?" asked Divine staring into his dark eyes.
"Do what? Oh yeah that...I just did it"
"Well thanks..."
"Jesse" he said
"Jesse." She smiled
"You guys?"
"I'm Divine and this is my friend Noah"
"Hey." Said Jesse
“Hi” replied Noah; not looking happy at all.
"Uh Noah?" Asked Jesse
"Yeah?"
"Where are we exactly going?"
"We’re going to my pa's house...we'll all wash up and recover fast and then decide what to do."
"Sure."
It took exactly 25 minutes to get there.
As soon as Jesse, Noah, and Divine got out of the taxi...they found themselves standing in front of an enormous house...
"Well...we're here" said Noah
Noah rang the bell.
A man, tall, a bit muscular came out he was the spitting image of Noah
Same eyes. Same hair color. Same in almost everything.
"Noah?"
"Hi Pa."
¸.•'¸.•*'¨) ¸.•*¨)¸.•'¸.•*'¨)¸.•'¸.•*'¨) ¸.•*¨)¸.•'¸.•*'¨)¸.•'¸.•*'¨) ¸.•*¨)¸.•'¸.•*'¨)¸.•'¸.•*'¨) ¸.•*¨)¸.•'¸.•*'¨)¸.•'¸.•*'¨) ¸.•*¨)¸.•'¸.•*'¨)¸.•'¸.•*'¨) ¸.•*¨)¸.•'¸.•*'¨)¸.•'¸.•*'¨) ¸.•*

"You guys look terrible! Come in!" he shouted
They all settled in the living room...exhausted
"What happened to all of you?" He said
They all remained silent.
"You know what? Go wash up...I'll get first aid. Maria!"
Out came a tall, tanned, Latino woman...
"Yes?"
"Help these kids..."
With no hesitation she led them upstairs to wash up when Noah's father (Jacob) gave Maria the first aid kit.
They entered an empty room...it was huge...Maria made them all sit down and started to examine their injuries.
She started with Noah and his scratched, bruised up face...and bleeding nose.
Jesse's hand had a slight cut from the branch he was holding in the woods
And Divine's upper forehead (near her temples) was bleeding from when Titus shoved her on her head to the ground
"This is horrible!" said Maria with a cute Spanish accent
She put a piece of damp cloth on Noah's Face...she sanitized Jesse's hand with a bottle of hydrogen peroxide...it stung him a bit but he handled it, then she put a bandage on it.
She washed Divine's face with another cloth...
"Keep pressing on the wound until it stops bleeding" she told her
"I'll be right back with some clothes for you...there's blood all over your clothes"
Maria left the room.
"Noah?" asked Divine
"Yes?"
"Who was that?"
"Maria? Oh she's my dad's wife... I guess...”
"Doesn’t that make her your mom?"Asked Jesse
"No. It doesn't. My mom died when I was 4"
"Oh. I'm sorry"
"It doesn't matter now...all that matters is that we're safe from Titus now."
"You’re right"
When they were done with everything. Maria told them to sit in the dining room to have dinner and start explaining things to Jacob.
"So what happened Noah?"
Noah paused he didn't know what to do or say...if he told Jacob the truth he would freak out and call the police which would just make it harder on them because Titus would find out where they were and the whole world would know about the necklace, the portal, the spirit world....bla bla bla.
Divine decided to speak up: "We were in the park...there was this steep rocky hill we fell and tumbled over it one after another, funny right?"
"Aha...and what brought you guys from New Jersey to here?"
"Um...”
Jesse said: “we took the subway home...and we fell asleep on the way...guess we missed our exit...Noah told us that you lived here and suggested we should wash up."
"Noah? Is this true" asked Jacob
"Uh...yeah. Yeah it's true"
"Alright now...it's very late you should go rest now and then we'll figure out what to do with you."
"Sure...”
Maria led them to the empty room and laid out 3 mattresses with pillows and blankets...and left the room
"Well goodnight...i guess" said Jesse
The three of them settled in
"'night"
Divine was very exhausted, she managed to go to sleep
Noah was aware of everything around him; especially Jesse...they still couldn't trust him.
*Dreaming*
Titus finally found his way towards the house he climbed up the window.
Jesse and Noah weren't there...it was only Divine
Divine yelped with fear
Titus muffled her screams with his hand...
"Your days are over" he said
He grabbed a gun, pulled the trigger and...BOOM
*awake*
Divine yanked herself up in a sitting position rapidly...Noah was awake watching her.
"You okay?"
Divine said: "Yeah...Bad dream"
"Well what did you see?" Noah seemed eager to know...since he didn't have anything to do
"I was in this room, alone. Titus...I saw, Titus. He...he climbed up that window and....murdered me" said Divine....that dream was so vivid.
Noah remained silent for a while. Then said:
"That's not gonna happen Divine..."
"How do you know?"
"I...I just know it...I'll never leave your side...Never."
She smiled
"Noah...what are we gonna do tomorrow? Are we going home?"
"I...I think so...Just get some rest now and we'll talk tomorrow."
"Okay you too...'Night"
"'Night"
Noah kept an eye on Divine until she was asleep. He felt something strange going on...Jesse got up...Noah watched him as he pretended to be asleep.
Jesse gave a quick look to Noah and Divine. They're out cold. He thought.
He opened his backpack and took out a device that looked like a GPS
At least that’s what it looked like to Noah, but he was completely wrong.
Jesse pressed the power button and the screed turned on.
"Hello? Anyone there?" he whispered
"Hello?" Nobody seemed to answer
"Hello!"
"Calling a friend?" said Noah
Jesse had goose bumps on his arms
Noah shoved him to the wall
"What are you doing?!" he shouted
"None of your freakin’ business!" Jesse replied and pushed him back
"NO!"
Suddenly a person appeared on the screen; a girl.
Noah was in shock when he saw her...it was...
"Alyson?" asked Noah
Noah heard Jesse swear under his breath
"What's going on here?"
"I told you to stay out of it!" said Jesse and knocked him down
Divine woke up violently...
"What's going o...Alyson?" she had seen her.
"Alyson get off!!" exclaimed Jesse
Alyson nodded and the screen turned black.
"Jesse? What's going on?" asked Divine
"Nothing!"
"But I just saw..."
"You didn't see anything."
"You’re just Dreaming" he slowed his voice down as he took out an anesthetic.
"Leave her alone!" Noah punched Jesse in the face
"Ah!" he shouted
"Noah! Jesse! CUT IT OUT! What the heck is going on?"
Divine stood up and started to get in between them
"Stop it! AH! That hurts!"
Noah and Jesse continued to fight.
"STOP!" Divine finally screamed and they both stopped
Jacob and Maria entered the room urgently
"What on earth is going on here!?" Jacob shot out
"Are you kids alright?" said Maria
"Yeah. We're alright" said Noah sarcastically.
"We heard screaming" pointed out Maria
"Oh no that must’ve been the neighbors" said Divine "Well alright we're going back to sleep anyways"
"I could’ve sworn that I heard something from this room" said Jacob
"You’re just tired Jacob...Go to sleep." said Divine
"Alrighty then...’night"
"Night"

"What the heck is wrong with both of you!?" exclaimed Divine looking at both Jesse and Noah
"He’s hiding something from both of us Divine"
"NO I am not!”
“Yes you are ya Jackass!”
“You’re the Jackass!” replied Jesse
“Shut up!” She ordered
“I did see Alyson, and I’m sure it was her Jesse.” said Divine
“And you can’t hide it anymore Jess” she added
Jesse remained silent.
“What was she doing there?”
"Yeah Jesse? What was she doing there?" repeated Noah in an annoying way
"I...She was...I..." he hesitated
Noah and Divine eyed him eager to find out.
“Why the hell do you wanna know anyways? Does it matter?”
“Jess, we know Alyson” said Divine
"Oh alright!! Alyson is my....."
"Your?"
"My girlfriend"
Divine cried out laughing
"Your what??"
"How can she be your girlfriend?! You've been freaking dead!" shouted Noah
"Well…not really. I've been escaping the spirit world illegally to see her."
"How? You don't have the necklace" asked Noah
"Noah. That necklace isn't the only way out of the spirit world...There are much more ways. I escaped for the first time by the fountain in New York City...it's haunted and guarded by other spirits. And only open at night."
"And it's illegal because?"
"Well I don't know why but I only know that sometimes real people enter it."
"Why?"
"I don't know"
"Wait how did you even meet Alyson?" asked Divine
"She knows about the spirit world...and as I said the first time I escaped the spirit world was when I was 13, two years ago…I met her and..."
"That's cute!" exclaimed Divine
Jesse’s cheeks turned red.
"Wait. Did you just say that she knows about the spirit world?" muttered Noah
"Yes she does…"
"This is getting weird..."
"Why didn't you just tell us?" asked Divine
"I don't know…Titus has been getting on my nerves now and he's not giving up on us...that's what's been on my mind lately"
Divine yawned and said: “um guys, how about we get some sleep now…and talk in the morning?"
"Sure."
"’kay"
“’Night"
They were all asleep, except for Noah...there was this time of the year where he'd get* (be) insomniac...he couldn’t sleep.
He stayed up all night thinking about his dad
He wanted his dad to come back and live with him and his sisters in NJ, his horrible stepmom would go away and Maria could move in.
So far he liked Maria
At least she's better than the creep at home. He thought
They would all become one happy family...but he then realized that he had more important things on his mind....
He needed to make sure that Titus wasn't nearby.
And Jesse....he still felt something weird about that kid. He had an anesthetic with him, he was about to put Divine to sleep....did he have weapons with him too?
Noah couldn't just let him to get lost. He might need him to tell them more about Titus....and the spirit world. What he really wanted to ask him was if he'd seen Noah's mother in the spirit world....he'd wished he'd seen her.
And one more thing was on his mind too...he was having feelings for Divine.
From when they first met in music class ‘till now.
Feelings can wait. He convinced himself
¸.•'¸.•*'¨) ¸.•*¨)¸.•'¸.•*'¨)¸.•'¸.•*'¨) ¸.•*¨)¸.•'¸.•*'¨)¸.•'¸.•*'¨) ¸.•*¨)¸.•'¸.•*'¨)¸.•'¸.•*'¨) ¸.•*¨)¸.•'¸.•*'¨)

Continue...
http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1806916-Divine-Davis-The-Start-Pt-...
© Copyright 2011 September Fall (1angel66 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1766186-Divine-Davis-The-Start-Pt-3