*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1766223-Shattered-Hero
by Kaylee
Rated: E · Poetry · Dark · #1766223
not sure how to explain, just read and let it speak for its self ok?
Weather worn creature, What imps taunt your weary mind?
Once strong and certain you now tremble upon the ground like so many discarded napkins at the slightest breeze. Once a coveted work of art your colors now fade beneath layers of hate filled dust. Too many have forgotten what lays beneath the marks of time.

Frail creature of the night, what fire born shadow left you shattered upon the ocean floor.
Begging for breath you fought the acidic current only to be dashed upon the charbroiled rocks of rejection again and again. What once were crimson veins of precious gems now scream behind panes of broken glass.

Fallen hunter, are the wounds too deep to heal? Beaten and bloody you soul lays upon the cavern floor screaming for help. Yet you remain silent, afraid of who may answer your pleas.  This disintegrating house of leaves is no longer safe for you to wander. Are you strong enough to venture somewhere new?
© Copyright 2011 Kaylee (roseofmutiny at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1766223-Shattered-Hero