*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1767117-end-of-the-dark
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Relationship · #1767117
A 15 year old girl is torn between her best friend and a man that broke her heart.
The gravel crunched under the tires of my moms white four runner as we pulled into the ball park that we had been running for two years. Suddenly my cell phone rang loud. "Hey baby" I say as cheerful as I can manage but there is a pause at the other end of the line.
"Hey.. Elizabeth... we have to talk... " David stammers.
"What is it?" i mutter.
"I've met some one else, and it's not that you can't make me happy but I just can't do this anymore.... I really..."
but before he could finish I threw my phone against the back of my moms truck and heard it shatter. Now i had a broken phone and i broken heart. I knew my life would never be the same. After dating David for a year and 9 months I just couldn't function with out him.

I open my eyes, music is pounding in my ears and the blood is dried on my stomach and arms, it's been a year with out David and this has become a weekly thing. I heave my body from the floor and walk to my bathroom. In the mirror I see my dark brown hair in a tangled mess and my blue eyes are blood shot and have dark circles under them. I take a couple of anti-depressants and step into a freezing shower. cuts line my left wrist and all up my arm, my hips are just a mess of deep wounds. "God help me," I whisper "I can't do this anymore.
School was a long day of living hell but as i walk into the crisp fall air DJ is sitting in his car waiting to pick me up. "So was today any better?" he asks already knowing my answer.
"Its like everyday Boo, lonely and painful." We had done this everyday sense I lost David. I look up only to see Dustin the closest thing to a boyfriend I've had in a year standing outside the car. DJ gives him a dirty look but rolls down the window just the same.
"Hey baby." he says with the voice that would make any girl melt.
"Hey honey," I mutter,
"Feeling any better?" then he leans down and kisses me. I force a smile but before i can speak DJ tells him we have to leave.
DJ has stood by me threw everything and for that i will always love him. It's a Friday so i know he will be staying the night tonight.
I unlock the front door and DJ and I throw our things on the over stuffed chair sitting in the living room. we grab a bag of chips and a bottle of diet coke. then i hop up on the counter, but today instead of getting beside me he stands in front of me and he leans in and kisses me loops his arms around me and pulls me close, "Elizabeth I'm in love with you." and then he kisses me again. "But.. But.. Dustin and.. DJ you have a girlfriend, and.." I manage to stammer but he cuts me off with another kiss, " just date me" he whispers, the only thing running threw my mind is Dustin, he had cheated on me, he has slept with other girls but he had been there for me. I kept kissing him, no matter how wrong it was, but all i know is things are going to get better.
© Copyright 2011 Elizabeth Lonesome (weemer96 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1767117-end-of-the-dark