*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1767181-Fairly-Grimm-Ch-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Auron
Rated: 13+ · Other · Fantasy · #1767181
What other secrets could Epsilon Academy hold?
Ch. 2 Twisted Fates



         Scratches pockmarked the stone walls of the dingy cell. In the corner sat Wolf, his grey tail curled about him. The skull on his beanie had begun to fade, the pads on his gloves were worn out. Holes graced the knees of his pants. Wolfs ears twitched as footsteps approached his cell, he could hear the heavy footfalls of steel toed boots, and the soft swish of an unknown fabric. The metal door swung open on well oiled hinges, blinding light filled the room. Wolf guarded his eyes as someone was pushed through. They let out a short yelp as they hit the ground.

         The person stood up, her blond hair hung down to her ankles, curling upward just before touching the floor. Repunzel’s blue summer dress was tattered and torn. Wolf growled from his dark corner, his hair standing on end. He launched himself toward her, his claws outstretched, fangs shining in the dim light. Repunzel let out a small yell and held up her arms, there was a flash of yellow as Wolf was slammed against the wall. A shield of golden hair surrounded Repunzel. The arm of hair that had hit Wolf slithered back into place.

         He stood up, breathing heavily. Wolf’s black eyes shined. He was backed into a corner, and he wanted blood. Repunzel stood there, watching the strange child, her hair had split into four club-like appendages. She was ready, for anything. Wolf leapt towards her once more. Repunzels hair swung forward and Wolf nimbly dodged, slamming her against the wall. He held her in place, his nails digging into her skin. Suddenly a strand of yellow hair wrapped around his waist and flung him across the small room.

          The door once again opened, darkness filled the room as shadows spread across the walls. The air turned chill, Wolf growled, loud and deep. Repunzel huddled into the corner, her hair shielding her from the nightmarish figures flashing in and out of the shadows. A girl, cloaked all in red, entered the room. Bloody tears fell from her face, a dingy cloth covered her eyes. A hulking beast separated itself from the darkness and approached Red. Chains fell from its wrists, leading nowhere. Red raised her face to that of the beast and let out a blood-curdling scream.

         Wolf and Repunzel stared at the weeping girl, their eyes blank. “I see you have met your comrades,” said an old and rasping voice. Red stopped crying as Repunzel and Wolf came to. “Dry your tears young one,” came the voice from hidden speakers, ”for you have been accepted into Epsilon Academy.”

         “Who are you,” yelled Wolf, his short fur standing on end.

         “Why I am your headmaster, your teacher, and your friend.” said the voice,” You may call me Headmaster Grimm, and you three are now part of a very exclusive student body.” answered the old man. “ Through teamwork and your  individual talents, you will complete the assignments given you, otherwise there will be dire consequences.”

         “What is it you mean by talents,” asked Repunzel, “ and what consequences?”

         The headmaster laughed. “Each of you have your own demons you must face, during your entrance exams they seem to have manifested themselves into certain characteristics. Jeremy,”  Wolf’s ears perked at the sound of his name, “your anger and animalistic behavior have become more physical, in both strength and appearance, and your senses have become more finely tuned. Jessica,” Repunzel  gave a shy smile to her name, “your emotions and suicidal thoughts have become a protective and very violent, entity manifested in your hair. Finally, Rebecca, your broken mind and twisted thoughts can now be pressed upon others minds and in small amounts, brought into reality.”

         All three sat astonished, “As for consequences,” Grimm continued, “they shall be revealed later. Right now you will be getting your first assignment, and it is simply, to escape.” And with this the metal door swung open.
© Copyright 2011 Auron (oora101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1767181-Fairly-Grimm-Ch-2