*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1767374-Love
by Hadiqa
Rated: E · Poetry · Arts · #1767374
Just nice poem
Darkness overwhelms my soul like an ocean wave. It crashes it into the rocks, leaving it wounded. I reach above me for a helping hand, and I grab air. I listen for a soothing voice, but water fills my ears. The cuts and scrapes are infected, and i have no vaccine. I feel myself slowly fading away, escaping reality. My body drifting farther from safety, drowning my hopes. I close my eyes, accepting the truth that there is no way out. Just before death reaches me, I feel a hand grab mine. Pulling me out of the water just enough to hear a soothing voice. You wrap your arms around me and inspect my injuries. You stitch up my wounds, and my pain begins to fade. I open my eyes and see a wonderful friend that has rescued me, Time passes and my wounds start to disappear, leaving behind tiny scars. Every now and then the memories rush through my head, leaving me weak. But your kind words and loving heart give me the strength I need to keep going. Not a second goes by that I don't want to thank you for saving my life. When you shared your feelings with me I felt that the world had been given to me. Like everything I had ever wanted was now in my hands. And I look down, and i see your hand in mine, finding that i did have everything I ever wanted in my hands. When I look into your eyes I smile at the love I see return from your gaze. From my lips I whisper, " I love you". And your responce being , "I love you more". This is the moment I had drempt of since birth. Looking up to the skies thanking God for my world, I hold you in my arms. I have everything. And I always will.
© Copyright 2011 Hadiqa (hadiqa17 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1767374-Love