*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1767823-people-behind-the-faces-of-america
Rated: E · Other · Opinion · #1767823
Im not sure if it's just ramblings or an article or what realy.
What do you do when your driving along and you go to pass someone and they are staring out the window at you? Do you ever stop to think about the person? I have and here is what I think about the subject.
I used to get pretty annoyed when I would see someone just staring at me when I drove past them. I never stopped to think about the person behind the face. I never thought if I did it myself. Then I did.
I realized I stared at people also. What made me do it? Was I curious about who else was on the road? Was I curious if the person was old or young? If they were male or female? Where are they headed? I then started to think about where I was headed. Whether to the store or the even the Dr.s office I always looked at the other people on the road.
You never know where they are going or why. Stop and think for a minute of all the places they could be headed because behind it is always another bigger story. They could be headed to the store to get ready for a party. They could be headed to the Dr. with a sick baby or even to find out they are sick. They could be just driving to clear their head because they are having a bad day. Maybe they are leaving their whole world behind to start over somewhere new.
I guess what I want to say is that maybe that person you pass by might need a little wave that day. They might need a little inspiration from a smile you flash them. They might even like the thought of someone taking a second out of their day to just look their way.
© Copyright 2011 Tenicia neal (tishdawnneal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1767823-people-behind-the-faces-of-america