*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1768607-One-in-5
by ChloeM
Rated: E · Short Story · Opinion · #1768607
My take one being one of 5 girls in a family or seven ...
One in 5       By Chloe M



Growing up, I live in a large family, so in fact it is not the number that is my concern have four sisters and no brothers. my mother comes from a line of 5 siblings the same as my father. And this is the same for their parents. When family events come around like weddings, Christmas, birthdays etc... I am surrounded with family members, all first hand members sisters, aunts, uncles and cousins alike. i amazes me that we can all fit into my Gran's tiny living-room. I feel like an ant in a colony, only one voice that cant be heard over the commotion of a large family. I am not saying that i don't love my family and all its members -I do, and i wouldn't trade them- Its the part closer to home that makes me left out.

                I am the complete opposite to my siblings and parents. They are minor details and then different view. The more miner details will be that I am left handed, II choose maths over English and I have asthma, things like this. On the opinion of views, I am pro-choice where as my family is pro-life, i am for the legalisation on euthanasia and my family is against it. This leaves us having a 6 to one debate over moral stances, these are ones I can never win, but this noes not stop me trying because i hate giving up. Also, I love romance, i believe that chivalry is not dead and you can find love anywhere, i choose romance in novels, movies and programs. where as my other siblings choose: horror, action and comedy. and take a much more sinister approach.

            I am not saying my life is perfect - I am a teenage girl living in Scotland, where there is almost no sunshine, and in a time of a recession - but i am not saying my life is awful either, there is so much pain in the world that i should be thankful for what i have and i know that, there is war after war, death, murder and other crimes all shown every night on the news a new terrible story every day. I should be thankful that my family is well and healthy. but is there such a thing as being too opposite to believe you belong? Sometimes I am left to wonder if I belong, all these differences accumulate to arguments, filled with anger and frustration. and most of there time the arguments are my fault because of the difference in opinion. Sometimes after an argument i am left in my room staring at the blank walls replaying it over and over, hearing the anger go away and in its place is joy and happiness. what if I wasn't there? Would they argue amongst themselves? Or would their be no need because they live lives so similar? I am left to be the one in 5, the odd one out...
© Copyright 2011 ChloeM (marsho94 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1768607-One-in-5