*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1768649-Jurassic-Park-The-H-Syndrome
by Wes
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Sci-fi · #1768649
Hello, and welcome to Jurassic Park.
  Sub: Progress Report                                    Sent: Wednesday,

To: Muldoon, Robert                                                    March 5, 1993

From: Roth, Wes                                                              3:47:25 PM          

         The research going towards the Hercules Syndrome is going smoothly. Dr. Wuu is currently finishing preparations for the incubation of our…”Prototype”.

         Also, Dr. Wuu has some concerns which he’d like me to address to you. Incubation wouldn’t be an issue in the slightest, but unlike the rest of our occupants on the island, the infant would not be correctly raised or nurtured naturally.

This would require extreme caution and surveillance to ensure a successful growth-rate towards full maturity. Diet is also another red flag. Best chances are, as expected, a carnivore. But we must take into consideration that due to the splicing of this particular subjects genetics, the final result can be unprepared for and unexpected.

All in all, if we take this one step at a time, this could be a complete success. And the results would be a break-through in the understanding of our animal behaviors.

See you at the conference,

Wes.



P.S. Is it just me, or is the new head of the IT department, Dennis Nerdy, seem like he’s, I don’t know… a bit suspicious? It just seems like he’s hiding something.



Wes tapped the mouse button on the “send” button on his screen, feeling as though he actually accomplished something. He stretched his arms, yawning, and reclined back into his slightly uncomfortable office chair. Robert better get this Damned e-mail before Five or Hammond’s gonna be pissed, he thought to himself.

         Robert Muldoon is Jurassic Park’s park warden. He was once a famous white hunter from Nairobi. Later he became greatly involved in conservation groups for zoos, and worked for a San Francisco company developing a wildlife park in North America. He started working for Jurassic Park when offered a very large salary. However, he also holds an unromantic view about the dinosaurs, specifically the Raptors, making him one of the view staff members that see the dangers that could come with the park. Muldoon seriously wants to increase security, though his suggestions are usually altered or just completely ignored.

Wes and many other employees agree with Robert’s security concerns; especially when it comes down to the Raptors. He had been on scene for every transfer or work involving them, but he had lost almost four men to those beasts. Almost four because all four men had been attacked, but only three men had been killed. Jorge Griff had been lucky though, he only lost one arm.

Wes slipped on his orange work vest, shuffled through his pocket, and pulled out his new Class 5 Security Clearance keycard. He swiped the card into the scanner lock; a light mechanical hiss and click, and a door-ring sounded off as the door slid open. His pants shuffled as we walked down the silent hallway.

“Hey, you’ heading out?” a soft voice rang-out. It was Ming, the young Asian secretary who started working in the compound lobby since January. Ming was originally the secretary from Mr. Hammond’s mansion. When Hammond discussed his possible absences from home to visit the Park in progress, Ming was fascinated by the idea of working at Jurassic Park. She had asked him if a similar position to her job at the mansion was available. Luckily, Hammond had planned ahead for this.

“Just finished sending out a notice to Muldoon. But your shift was over almost two hours ago, wasn’t it?” Wes asked curiously. How can you take longer filing papers and making appointments, while I’m studying and predicting extinct animal behavior? And I do this while they’re still just forming inside their eggs!  “Yeah, well someone needs to walk you back to your room so you don’t look like an ass” she joked. “But honestly, I’ve been meaning to ask about that H-Syndrome project your leading. Everyone’s on edge because of it.”

“The Hercules syndrome is if any animals on the Island adapt to any modern vegetation, bacteria, weather, climate, or even vaccines we apply. Were calling it the Hercules Syndrome because, if the assumptions are correct, the animal would be nearly Invincible to any possible outcome on the Island or in the enclosures” he replied, feeling as though he just finished a speech. “Damn, you really are the biggest nerd I’ve ever met” she said sarcastically. “Yeah, well it’s true” he smugly replied, chuckling as they walked out of the main compound security gate.



End of Chapter…
© Copyright 2011 Wes (westley at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1768649-Jurassic-Park-The-H-Syndrome