*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1768690-She-is
by WMBZ
Rated: E · Other · Biographical · #1768690
A poem; a brief description of who she is, what she sees, and where she is
Wife, Mother of two, MSA & BS, Military Veteran, HR Professional, Adjunct Management Instructor, TV junkie. These are good things…

She can no longer see herself in the mirror. Instead she sees someone else that she has only begun to recognize over time; a stranger in the midst of transition. She sees overweight and graying. No wrinkles yet, but they certainly hide for just a short time more. This is reality…

Behind familiar eyes, she sees no passion, only a hesitant resignation of what is. She is dissatisfied but lacks the motivation to change what she could change. This is her misfortune…

Nin wrote that “we do not see things as they are, but rather as we are”. As she looks at others, she likes what she sees. She sees charisma and smiles. She sees love and feels love. She sees passion and craves passion for herself. This is her irony…
© Copyright 2011 WMBZ (wmbz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1768690-She-is