*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1769269-Thoughts-on-Mortality
Rated: E · Other · Death · #1769269
My thoughts on the end of life as a human
Death; Dieing; Passing on; Departing; whatever you may call it, its a reality that all of us are very much aware of. We hear about people dieing all over the media every day.

"Four soldiers shot to death."  "Teenage girl found killed."

How often do we think about our own death? Is it something worth speculating over, or is it merely one of those things that we should choke down and swallow with fear, never to be spoken of?

We, as a society, spend so much time trying to perfect every little thing in our lives, always stressing over something, striving for success, trying to achieve happiness from it so that at the end of our lives were satisfied with our accomplishments. The whole concept of death itself is quite an eye-opener, as many of us dont realize that our time on Earth may be shorter then we hoped it to be.

People suffering from depression and other illnesses sometimes think of death as an answer. An answer to all of their problems, an answer to all of their pain. While it may be the end of their pain, their suffering, it simply invokes pain and suffering inside of the surrounding people. Its like no matter if you live or die, no matter which path you take, you're going to end up at the same park by the end of your journey. Someone is always suffering.



I think of death more as a question then an answer. Why does it even happen? Is it common to feel dissatisfied with the life we lived? Does your whole life flash before your eyes, or does your life just end, and thats that?



What if in the end of it all we feel empty? Lying in that hospital bed, contemplating it all, just like the ones before us, feeling like nothing but another one of the 6 billion people on this planet going through the normal process of life and death. 



Perhaps all of this is over-discussed. Maybe death isnt all its sought out to be, just the termination of the biological functions that sustain a living organism.



Either way, we"ll never know.
© Copyright 2011 dreamer5 (9dreamer6 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1769269-Thoughts-on-Mortality