*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1770198-writers-unblocked-chapter-three
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1770198
the third chapter
“No absolutely not!”
“Third guardian,” the first guardian leaned forward over the desk in front of him, “I can assure you that we are no more thrilled about this than you are…”
“With all due respect, I know that you are very pleased with finding someone that can carry the beacons, but I have no wish of babysitting a…for anywhere near the time it would take to place them all.”
The first guardian continued as though Rayrel hadn’t spoken, “but the beacons are necessary to our plan to stop Darveinan from taking over any more than he has as well as get back what he has taken…”
“I could just take the army and put him to the sword, have you even considered that option? Why else do we have an army?”
“And since this young lady is the only one in the whole of the Marvain that we know of that can even touch the beacons, she is automatically essential for this mission.”
Rayrel stared at him blankly.
The first shock his head and put his hand on his forehead, “Dealing with some of you is like dealing with stubborn children. Rayrel, we have already decided, it is not your place to disagree with us to the extent that you are.”
“You can’t possibly mean that everyone immediately agreed to this?”
There was some slight shifting of a couple of the guardians but the first stayed strong, “in review of the advantages and disadvantages we agreed that this is the best course of action, and since you are so determined that she won’t be able to carry out any such mission without that backing of the army we have chosen to send you along so that if anything happens you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that you did everything in your power to protect her.”
“But sir...”
“This discussion is over, Rayrel, we have people making preparations and sending messages to the guardians that couldn’t be present to alert them to your mission. Now please go and assemble you’re team, we hope to have you gone by the second tomorrow at the latest.”
© Copyright 2011 Ey Stargazer (unicorn_scribe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1770198-writers-unblocked-chapter-three