*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1771069-The-Promise
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Romance/Love · #1771069
On the verge of death would you keep a promise
The Promise


Steven's body slammed against the brick wall; he slid down and hit the floor. How was he going to get out of this mess? John wanted to kill Steven for taking his girl; unlike Steven, John had a battle Ax. Steven had only two daggers. The only way out was to fight.

In a dark alley on the streets of Cleveland, in the middle of the night with no one around. Only John's Caucasian face was visible, but since John use to be Steven's best friend he knew what he looked like. Shinny hair, very muscular and missing his right eye, his left eye had a cut down the middle so that eye was not too much better. Shirt less with brown cargo pants and no shoes, his giant silver Ax drenched in Steven's blood. revenge clouded his judgment; now he was going to kill.

Steven's nicknames were twig and fool, and those were proven to be facts up to this point. John only got one cut to his right arm and now he can't move it at all. Steven also didn't have John's strength, Asian and skinny. But Steven refused to give in, he stabbed himself in the wound to stop the bleeding in his arm. Shirtless as well but in black dress pants.

Getting up and steadying his blade Steven smirked, "I hope your not letting your guard down, cause I got a lot more to offer in this fight."

Dammit! This fight has gone on for three hours, and I only have once cut on his arm and he just covers it up, and he has more to give me in this battle? It's not like he has a chance, so why dose he keep fighting?? John thought

"Don't worry, i didn't fight two wars to lose to you,"

John then charged, raised his Ax and chopped. Steven blocked it with his blade. When the weapons crossed Steven pushed up so he could knock John off balance. It failed, Steven tripped and the Ax cut Steven's shoulder.

John then raised his Ax and chopped again. This time John shattered Steven's other shoulder.

John then ripped the Ax out and went for the juggler.

"Good bye, Steven!!!"

Steven prepared to embrace death.

All of a sudden time stopped.

Huh? Steven thought

Steven looked up and saw John frozen in place.

"What the hell happened to him?"

Steven then reached out to touch John.

He's ice cold but he's still standing, how did this happen? Steven pondered.

"What the hell am I waiting for? I need to get the hell out of here!"

"Finish him," said a demonic voice.

"Who's there?!"

Then appeared a human surrounded by flame, and a sword hilt on top of his head. Naked but the flame hid his privates, Muscular and smoke came out of his eyes.

crap, a demon! Steven shocked.

"Why so stunned my child?"

"I'm a child of God thank you,"

"Oh that’s not what I meant, I meant your situation made you a child of war, thats one of my domains,"

"So your the Devil’s top man or something?"

"Yes, all death is caused by me, I should be Lucifer, not that fool in hell's depths," the Demon explained.

"So you want to me kill John?"

"No, he's already dead. I don't like cowards; the question is will you get credit for it?"

"So you want me to stab him?"

"Don't you want revenge for your arm and shoulder?"

"Will I get arrested?" Steven asked.

"I'm a demon, no one will ever know he's gone besides God,"

Steven then thought back to an old memory...

John's girl, Carrie loved hanging around Steven, in a pink skirt and a blue t-shirt and black high heels to top it off. under a big oak tree during a big rain storm.

"Thanks for taking me here Steven,"

"It's not a problem,"

"John fights so much, I hate it!"

"Why?"

"My father was a boxer, and my mother loved him so much but he died during a fight in the ring. My mother went nuts. Men loved using her; she became delirious and pimps would lie saying they saw him. Mother would wait at home with her favorite dress and a big supper waiting for him, she passed away when I was ten." Carrie explained.

"I'm sorry,"

"Its not your fault, but I know I'll end up like my mother."

"Why?"

"John will never change for me. He loves fighting too much. I don't even think I love him anymore,"

"So why do you stay with him?"

"What can I do?"

"Let's make a deal,"

"What kind of deal?"

"A promise,"

"Let's hear it," Carrie urged.

"If you listen to your heart I'll never take a life or beat someone up,"

Carrie then reached and pecked Steven on the check.

"Deal,"

A bright flame burned on their faces.

"T-That easily?"

"Y-Yea, I always liked you,"

Steven then wrapped his arms around Carrie and they feel asleep in the rain...

Steven then found himself back in reality, faced with the decision of breaking his promise.

John shattered my shoulder, I should stab that bastard. Steven thought.

But then again, I'll lose my relationship with Carrie. Is revenge more important then my love and morals. Steven pondered.

"Make a damn decision already!"

"R-Right! Sorry,"

John hurt my arm!

I love Carrie

What do i value more?

Carrie?

Or John's pain?

"I... want... Carrie,"

"So your going to spare him?"

"Yea, that’s the plan," Steven smirked.

"Then get out of here!"

The demon then touched John and they both were engulfed in flames. Steven could hear John's soul scream as the flames took him.

Steven's body dropped to the floor. Grabbing his shoulder with his right hand and his arm with his left hand.

"I-I'll be fine! I just need rest."

Steven then closed his eyes and let his soul descend to his home. No one won this day.
© Copyright 2011 AuthorBarnes (authorbarnes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1771069-The-Promise