*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1771410-Drip-Drop
Rated: E · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1771410
So Bad it's Good Entry. Idiot father tells "scary" camp story in a strange manner.
“Drip Drop”

So Bad its Good Prompt – Meant to be cliche and terrible

WC -917

“Once on a dark night surrounding a campfire, not to far from here, sat a family of four, much like ours, telling scary stories, much like us. The father began to tell a scary story, setting the scene and mood, much like myself, and he started with telling of an escaped psychopath wandering into the forest, just like the forest we are in. The father then told of the crazy man's terrible wound he sustained while escaping his mental facility. He described it as a wound that left him continually bleeding, but never dying, just a drip...drop...drip, drops of blood make that noise of course. The father then claimed that the man, whose nick name was the Drip Drop man, left tiny red drops wherever he went, much like the ones around our camp. The children then checked the ground, much like you just did, for signs of the tiny red drops only to be relieved that there were no red dots. Saying the story was lame, like you kids just did, the father shamefully quit telling the story. This is where the story differs from our own, but it is still very similar. Now since it was late the children decided to ignore their father and go to bed, much like you were going to do.

Once the children got to their tents they quickly fell asleep, just like you two do sometimes. A few hours passed and suddenly the daughter woke up to the sound of a dripping. She was a sound sleeper, much like you. Scared from remembering the story she quickly woke up the brother and called her mommy. “Mommy!” she called, kind of like that but in a more girly voice.  The parents came over and told her that the scary story was only a story, much like what I told you. The parents told her to stop imagining things and go to bed, much like I do all the time.

Later in the night out of the dark, black, thick, hard to see and scary night, with no clouds, and also silent, much like tonight, came the sound of dripping again. Drip.....drop.....drip....drop....drip. It came closer to the now awake daughter’s tent. She tried to remain clam to not upset her parents, like you do sometimes. Drip....drop...drip...drop. The noise went toward the parents tent that was pretty far away but close enough to hear stuff, but still pretty far and suddenly SPLASH!..drip...drop... SPLASH This time she screamed like a little girl, much like what she was, which sounds a lot like you. Her scream woke up the brother, yes a lot like your brother he was brave, so brave that he wanted to see what was going on. Before he could go out they saw a shadowy figure near their tent. Drip....drop...drip..drop. There was suddenly blood red spots of blood on the otherwise not blood red tent. This blood red blood reminded the little girl of the scary story she heard of about the Drip Drop man. The brother saw the shadowy figure walk towards the dark night and ran after him screaming. All the little girl could hear was something like this “AGGGGHH! Come back here.....drip.....drop....drip....drop... SPLASH!” She could not here her brother anymore and decided to run, much like what you would have done. She could see nothing but knew where the highway was from the camp sight. All she could see on the ground were tiny dots of crimson blood, but everything else was too hard to see, the blood was errr... illuminated by a brief breaking of the clouds allowing moonlight to come through. Yeah the moonlight light up the red spots for her.

As she reached the highway she was exhausted, like most people running fast, so she tried to wave a car for help. It was late so no one was driving at that point, cause people don't drive that late, kind of like people we know, and also myself. A truck finally pulled up and she screamed for help, you would have also screamed for help. Finally in the safety of this truckers truck she asked to go to the police for help. She noticed something peculiar about the man, she paid special attention to detail like you. He wore a red scarf around his neck....in July ooooohhhh! Scary isnt it? suddenly Drip...drop...AHHHH!...SPLASH!...drip..drop...drip...drop.

So now all of you should be scared from my scary story, much like the kids in the story were after hearing just the beginning, but you heard it all the way through, unlike them.”

The kids were not impressed by their father's ramblings. They would have preferred going to sleep when the kids in the story did. So now they had a chance to sleep, and they quickly fell asleep, much like they story. Drip....drop...drip..drop. The daughter woke up to the sound of the dripping, exactly like the story. She screamed for her parents, scared due to both the dripping and the story, much like the daughter of the story the stories father told. All she could here was her parents tent unzipping and “drip....drop...drip..drop...BANG! BANG! BANG!..Flop!” “Ha!  I lied kids. There are two differences between the story of the father in the story and mine. I came armed to the teeth!”

So the apparently incompetent father had bravely slayed the Drip Drop man, unlike both the father from the father's story, and the father in the story that the story father told.
© Copyright 2011 Esh Edgie (eshedgie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1771410-Drip-Drop