*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1772083-Love-Is-Strong
by Luke
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1772083
A story my mother wrote in her younger days
At times life can be so hard, you wonder how you’ll make it through the day that lies in front of you. But you know if you have faith in god, and confidence in yourself, you have the strength to climb the mountains in your way. Sometimes I get so down on myself that I don’t believe in anything, but you always seem to be there to help pull me out of the well. I know I can always count on you, no matter what the situation. You are my breath when the water is deep, my strength at the end of the rope. You are the sunshine on a cloudy day, you can never understand why I feel the way I do about you.
If only you could stop putting yourself down for just a minute, and see yourself as I do. I can hear you saying, “But those things aren’t there”. If you don’t believe in yourself, how can I believe in you? You are in every sense of the word, “A blessing”, in my life. You have a way to put a smile on a sad face, Or Rekindling a sense In my heart that I thought would never return.
I have tried to help you through hard times in the past, and in return you have helped me, more than you’ll even know. What we have is a very special thing, not many people are able to talk as freely as we are able to. You are my best friend and conscience, and I would do nothing to harm our relationship. Just hope you love me enough to right me if I’m ever wrong, without sparing any feeling, After all… what are good friends for?
© Copyright 2011 Luke (csmajor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1772083-Love-Is-Strong