*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1772126-Bonded-chp-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1772126
second chapter in the novella Bonded.
                                                                                     
Chapter two
         

Darkness, everything was coated in it as I absentmindedly swirled a fireball in my hand, extinguishing it every time it began to go out of control. Testing just how much control I had over it. Next to me Apollo was still asleep. He had been since we left her home. Sighing, I let myself rest against the door frame and listened to the soft noises the car made as we drove along. Somewhere along the way I fell into a dream.          



“Apollo?” I called out noticing this wasn’t my dream. Our old home was to my right. The park we used to play at as children was to my left and in front of me was a pond. Sitting across from it was a figure. One I hadn’t seen in years. He stood up and smiled at me. “Áthair…” I whispered, my eyes glued to his form.          



“Daughter,” The sound of his voice was enough to bring me to tears. A soft moan escaped my lips as I fell forward towards to ground. Before I hit it two strong arms were secured around my waist, pulling me into their warm embrace. “I’m sorry I left you 'iníon dhílis.”          



“I forgive you Áthair. I have missed you so much.” Silently he wiped the tears that had fallen from my eyes, before looking across my shoulder, a frown appearing on his aged face, increasing the amount of wrinkles on his forehead.          



“A storm is coming my sweet. You must protect your brother.” Without another glance he was gone and I was once again swept into the darkness I so deeply loved, yet hated.          



Slowly I regained consciousness and opened my eyes. My first reaction was fear, fear for myself and my brother. For he seemed to have left the car without me, definitely something he had never done before. As if sensing my anger and resentment towards him, Apollo opened my door giving me a bright smile before holding his hand out towards me.          



“Come with me dear sister. You will want to see this.” Slowly I took his hand and allowed him to lead me out of the car and down a stone path, into a dark forest. “Don’t be afraid.”          



“Me? Afraid?” I scoffed at him and pulled my hand from his grip, needing to feel calm before being near anyone. Yet as soon as we rounded the corner I grabbed his hand yet again.          



“Welcome home Princess.” They all stepped forward once and gave a small bow in my direction.          



“Apollo what is going on?” Yet before he could answer Sebastian showed up with Seraphinx and Gevron, Apollo’s dragon, on his shoulder. Both of their small scaled bodies seemed to be glowing as they flew to our shoulders.          



“Welcome to Bania princess of the night.” Seraphinx whispered in my ear, causing me to jump at least a foot into the air. “Do not be afraid. I will not hurt you. I am here to guide you princess.”          



“Have you always been able to talk Sera?” I questioned, glancing over at Apollo who seemed to be having the same conversation with Gevron.          



“Yes, but I was not allowed to reveal myself until back in Bania princess.” I scowled as she called me princess yet again and I picked her up so we could look face to face.          



“Why do you and everyone else here call me princess? I am in no way royalty Sera.”          



“That is where you are wrong princess. But I am not the one who is to explain this to you. Follow me.” Without waiting for my response, she glided out of my arms and into the forest. I turned around to find Apollo, but noticed he was gone, along with Sebastian. This left me alone with the crowd that was still smiling at me. Creepy, I thought running off in the direction Seraphinx flew in.



Soon we were both standing in front of a beautiful palace. That seemed to be older than anything I had ever seen. The vines that covered the walls, like a thick blanket, were a warm green, matching the leaves on the tree surrounding it.          



“Am I dreaming?”          



“Most definitely not my daughter.” My eyes glued themselves to the man who was standing in front of me. The man who had helped conceive me. The man I presumed to be dead. My father, stood on the steps of the palace with a smirk on his face, the same as the one I usually wore. “Well this is no way to say hello now is it?” Instantly I sprinted forward, jumping into his warm embrace.          



“Please tell me this isn’t a dream Áthair.”          



“This most definitely is not a dream my sweet princess.” That irked me.          



“Why does everyone keep calling me that?” He seemed to contemplate his answer and took my hand into his, commanding my full attention.          



“Because this,” He motioned to the palace and land around it. “Is my kingdom, and you being my daughter are a rightful heir to the throne of Bania.”          



“You have got to be kidding me.”          



“Sadly sister he is not, and this is only the beginning. There is much, much more.” Apollo joined my side, trying not to glare at our father. “Tell her father.”          



“Your majesty,” Seraphinx spoke up beside me. “I think it would be best if we continued this inside so the princess can sit down to digest this… information.”          



“Yes Seraphinx I think you are correct.” He motioned with his hand at the palace. “Please come inside so we can continue this conversation.” I nodded and grabbed Apollo dragging him inside behind me. We through the grand entrance way into a side room made for personal meetings, or at least that’s what I thought it was for. Once we were all sitting down father began to speak again. “My darlings there are some things your mother never told you.”          



“Like what?” I asked grabbing onto Apollo’s hand for support.          



“For one, as you already know the fact that you are royalty amongst the Bonded.” He paused before speaking again. “She also gave you some false information. You’re real names are not Artemis and Apollo. Well at least not your first names anyway.” I sat stunned, unable to form a coherent sound.          



“What are our real names then?” Apollo asked, noticing I wasn’t able to speak much at the moment.          



“You, my son are Prince Donal Apollo Nicolas Banavia.” Donal, shook his head, obviously not impressed. “And you my sweet are Princess Leila Artemis Ann Banavia.” I still sat, shocked, my body shaking as the world began to be spotted with darkness, before everything went black.
© Copyright 2011 TigerRose (tigerrose at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1772126-Bonded-chp-2