*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1773373-Jealousy-Burning
Rated: E · Essay · Dark · #1773373
A brief poetry-like essay paragraph on jealousy.
They see your smile, your body. They see your talent, your style. They see every piece of you lay bare and they yearn, a fever pitch. They follow you to the end of the earth, over the edge into the stars and I stay here. All of my stories trail after you, leaving my lips bare and empty. I am nothing more than a blank piece of paper without you, no ink on my page. Someday I will burn as you do. I will scorch their minds; bring them to the point of no return, an addiction they cannot breathe without. I will walk as you do, your hips entrancing every eye, your eyes like a promise of hot nights and adventure. When I have reached those stars, I will keep them with me instead of flitting off, forgetting all about them. I will write them in my pages forever and when I burn to ashes, they will burn with me. You shall be left with your lines and blotches and I will float away on the wind of the Milky Way into eternity. For now, I am merely a word on leaf, blown here and there by your storm. My word burns weakly, but it scars deep in my soul. Jealousy.
© Copyright 2011 Copper Girl (coppergirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1773373-Jealousy-Burning