*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1773952-Thunder-Claps-and-Happy-Slaps
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by hi
Rated: · Other · Other · #1773952
i have no idea.




Hitler believed in a pure world. A world free of defect and abnormality, but isn't it these imperfections that make us who we are?

The bell rang and I slapped my History book closed.
I was my first day at Hunts High School and I already hated it. People were staring again, I was on edge and couldn't concentrate. Call it New Kid Syndrome.
I got up and slung my bag over my shoulder. I waited for everyone else to file out of the class before I walked up to the teacher's desk to drop off my textbook. I turned to leave when the teacher stopped me.
“Elle, can I talk to you a moment, please?” Mr Fawntin asked me.
I spun around and looked at him expectantly. He cleared his throat and looked at me.
“You looked as if you were struggling with the assignment, do you understand it correctly?” he asked as if I was a three-year-old. I sighed impatiently.
“Yes, Sir”. He didn't look satisfied with my answer, but I smiled anyway.
“Very well. Enjoy your lunch” he turned away and began shuffling some papers around on his orderly desk.
I raised my eyebrow then walked out before he could stop me. The corridor was bustling with people and I made a bee-line for the cafeteria. It was full of people; no way I could eat in here today. I brushed past people and dodged the eyes of the cheerleaders. I scanned the food and grabbed a bottled water and a red apple, dropped five dollars on the cash register then made my way back out quickly.
I got outside and walked around to the back of the school, usually no-one was there. I looked around; the smokers had already been and gone.
I leaned against the wall then sunk down slowly. I closed my eyes and sighed. I reached into my bag and pulled out a letter addressed to me. I unfolded it and stared at it for the sixth time today. I closed my eyes tight and sniffed back tears before scrunching up the letter and shoving it back in my bag.
I bit into my apple angrily and washed it down with some water. I threw it at the wall before I finished it and sighed.
“No way I'm going back into class..” I whispered to myself.
“Then wouldn't that technically be, bunking off?” a voice asked.
I jumped up and looked around. There was no one there. I grabbed my bag and headed out the school gates.
Just as I'd got a few yards past the gate, a hot firm hand gripped my arm. I froze and looked behind me.
© Copyright 2011 hi (zara-may at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1773952-Thunder-Claps-and-Happy-Slaps