*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1774288-In-Loving-Memory
Rated: E · Poetry · Personal · #1774288
In Loving Memory
Through tear-filled eyes, I looked at you laying in the hospital bed, secretly thinking you would suddenly sit up and return to normal. But after coming back to reality, I realized with the more time that passed, the more effort it took you to breathe. I knew the memories I had of our late night talks and our breakfast at noon were exactly that; memories. As selfish as it was, I didn't want you to go but it was your time and there wasn't anything I could do about it. Only a few years after you, Papa started getting sick and even though I knew it was inevitable, it didn't make it any easier. It was hard to see a man who always kept going no matter what, laying in a hospital bed breathing slower and slower until probably for the first time in his life, he quit. As hard as it was to accept that he would be leaving this world, it makes it easier to know that he would no longer have to go another day living without the woman he was married to for forty-eight years.

In
loving
memory
of
Nana |08.28.1929 - 05.01.2007|
and
Papa |11.12.1929 - 06.11.2011|
© Copyright 2011 Tiffy<3 (tiffyily at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1774288-In-Loving-Memory