*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1775092-Challenges
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Ara
Rated: 13+ · Other · Romance/Love · #1775092
A plot suggested to me by ArchetypeWriting.com's Plot Scenario Generator. Critiques please
The story starts when your protagonist answers a newspaper ad.

Another character is a messenger who claims that s/he has been alive since the 1500s.

I was looking through the "personals" in the newspaper when something caught my eye.
Looking for a beautiful woman who is open minded. Must not be afraid of blood.

Weird. I called the phone number that was listed and the voice on the other end almost made me faint.

"Hello?" His voice was a never ending German chocolate cake. It was wondrous.
"I-I-I'm answering the ad in the paper?" Wow. Did I just stutter? What is wrong with me?
"Excellent! Do you know the cafe at the corner of Willow and Meadowview?"
"Of course! They have the best coffee."
"Do you want to meet up there at, say, about 3 PM?
"Sure."
"See you then!"
"O.K. See you then."

I knew something was up when I saw him. He was beautiful. Why didn't he have a girlfriend?
All doubts left my mind when he looked up and smiled at me.
It was like I was in a trance.

Later that night I lied awake in his bed wondering if he was serious.
"When were you born?
"1589."
"Hahaha! Good one. And what do you do for a living?"
"I am a messenger."
"For whom?"
"If I told you I'd have to kill you."
"Hahaha. Such a kidder."
© Copyright 2011 Ara (arabellaten at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1775092-Challenges