*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1775217-Trapped-In-The-Attic
by A.John
Rated: E · Other · Supernatural · #1775217
A scene in an attic between the "hunter" and the "hunted."
The narrator follows a trail of dead monsters and tracks the killers trail back to an abandoned house. Then the narrator is caught in act of investigating the attic.


         By the last creaking stair step, I was wrought with fear and shaking vigorously. A winged figure climbed from the stairwell. It stood at the end of the hallway not ten paces from me but it was not moving; I felt it studying me while I looked out at it, awestruck. It took up the entire width of the hall.

"Please God, let me live, save me." I prayed with my eyes closed for a fraction of a second, and then opened them.

         The pale white moonlight from the broken attic window above the figure was blocked out by those towering wings. Judging by the size and shape of the silhouetted body, I was sure that the figure was male. According to those wings, an Angel. However, I was not relieved of my anxiety for he did not appear to be like the ones back home, he seemed dangerous.
         Luckily, we were not together in complete darkness, but I was still petrified in the middle of the hallway. There was a stronger, more brilliant source of light now, and it was coming from the Angel; from his eyes. They gave off a soft, candle-light glow that illuminated both us and the hallway plenty.
         I gazed like a fly into a bug zapper. My mouth gaped open as he took a step forward and the moonlight re-entered the hall, and I saw that his wings were different shades of brown and so was his short wavy hair. The feathers, however, glimmered like layered knives with a multicolored sheen.
         The shaking had stopped, but my heart beat faster and my breaths quickened with each jangling step he took towards me. I dared a glance at his torso; a key-ring with two old looking keys attached to it was the source of the sound.
         The Angel was male with an average physique, tanned skin under a worn leather vest, a belt tight around his waist to which the key-ring was held, ripped pants, and dirty, bare feet. I'd never seen one with such an earthly, suffered expression which was so etched into his shabby face. Nor have I seen such glowing metallic-colored iris' on an Angel before.
         The pity I began to feel for him was not my own, I don't know where it came from but it was there nonetheless. The feeling disappeared when he had nearly reached my side and slowed his pace. I realized he was about to speak, but I didn't dare turn to look at him face to face. It was all too surreal at first.
         I felt his glowing gaze on my shoulder but I wasn't expecting to be frightened by the cold, deadly tone he spoke in - it gripped me with such force that I simply shut my eyes and had to hear his command.

"I know you have been following me." The Angel said coolly.
"Go home. I cannot help you. I do not want to help you."

         Immediately, I wanted to object. I tried; the voice of my thoughts wouldn't form words. My eyes were shut tight as I felt the sweep of cold air on my cheeks as he passed me by.

"Say something. Say SOMETHING!... No, no wait. Get out of here, like now!" The voice of my conscious argued stupidly.

         After a few seconds, I opened my eyes and saw the moonlight cast over the top couple of steps leading down. Did he live here? I pondered briefly.
Behind me was the sound of a keyhole being filled then, click.

"Craaaaauw! Craaaaaawww!"

         Ear shattering screeching droned from something somewhere in the room. When I spun, the very last feathers slipped inside the doorway. I darted after them, hands clenched over my ears.

"Wait!" I yelled after him. "Don't leave me out here!-" but he'd already stopped just inside the room.

"Go back!" He shouted to me with a thunderous, frustrated roar.

         The Angel's wingspan spread wide and narrow, he was facing something that could have outlined my wildest nightmare. The sound of the monster's screech completely overshadowed my most horrified screams.

It was too late. I'd already slammed the door behind me, sealing us both inside with the demon.
© Copyright 2011 A.John (aprilfool28 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1775217-Trapped-In-The-Attic