*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1775912-Light-Tricks-with-Horns
by Karyn
Rated: · Short Story · Other · #1775912
This is what happens when you take a trick on your sister too far.
It nearly scared her half to death!
And to his death was where she was going to send him!
She had come home from school and just like always she walked into her house and up the stairs to her room. She set her school bag down and dug out her books, setting them on her desk.
She started backward quickly, away from her desk. Something was wrong, she knew it. And with a brother like her's, you don't mistake your feelings.
Lauren flicked her brown hair over her shoulder, annoyed, and searched around the desk and inside.
Nothing.
Confused and somewhat relieved, she sat down in her chair and slid up to her books, getting set up to finish her work.
She never expected the pies from the ceiling.
They dropped on her, five of them, all different flavors. The cherry stained her white shirt and her books.
But the snake slithering through the apple pie was what brought her plotting of her younger brother's death.
The trick was simple and it worked like a charm!
She laughed, gleefully. She could almost see Mark picking up the too light box on his bed. The box was attached to a long, but tight string that would pull a pin on a cage that would release a very stinky little woodland creature into his room.
It also dropped a note from the ceiling. It read: "To admit you're wrong and to get out, just blow the horn beside the bed."
A pounding on the door proved that Mark had found the note and that his door was locked. His screams of "Let me out!" and "I'm not admitting anything!" proved also that he needed a little time with his new skunk friend.
Lauren snickered as she walked away.
© Copyright 2011 Karyn (kaikanosei at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1775912-Light-Tricks-with-Horns