*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1776585-Adens-rising
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Death · #1776585
Aden is on the run, from everyone, and perhaps even herself...
Her body had been changing in may ways over the past few days. She could tell that she wasn't human anymore, but didn't want to accept it. Her right arm was long, longer than normal, and not much an arm anymore. Her fingers had morphed into one long claw like thing, that could cut a human in half without that much force; she had to learn that the hard way. Her eyes changed from crystal blue to ebony black, and there were baby horns peaking out through her long blonde hair. She had been on the run for way too long, and wished that things would just go back to normal, but who was she kidding, this was her life now. She craved human flesh, but didn't have the guts to actually eat some. But sooner or later, she would have to attempt it, and with her strength getting weaker and weaker, she decided that now was the time.

She was stiff, her muscles aching, all she wanted to do was stand up and stretch her legs, but she couldn't she had to get food...now. She heard a rustle in the leaves up ahead, and peaked out through her hiding place in the bushes. A little boy, no more than ten years old was wandering in the woods, looking for a ball perhaps. She was shocked, and felt so sad for the little boy, but needed to eat now, or she was surley going to die. She closed her eyes, let out a scream, and brought her claw like arm down on the little boy like a bug. So fast, so quick, so quiet that he didn't even know what was coming. She rose to her feet, and pounced on the body, weaping the whole time, crying for the dead little boy. She ate and ate, and drank all of the blood, sucking the bones dry. Afterwards, she felt energized, ready to do anything. "Come after me", she thought, "I'll be waiting,"

Aden knew that they were looking for her, everybody was, nobody wanted a beast like her running around the streets and killing their children. And that's why she hated being who she was, because she knew that if she was in that little boy's mother's shoes, she would want that monster dead too. She couldn't let them get to her though, she had much bigger things in mind. So she took off running, as fast as she could, tearing through the woods. Trying to get as much distance between her, and whoever would come looking to capture her.

   
© Copyright 2011 JaneDoe(Ofcourse) (farfrom_gone at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1776585-Adens-rising