*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1777310-The-Disaster-of-Internet-Dating
Rated: 18+ · Other · Relationship · #1777310
Something I needed to write down in frustration...
I get home from a Pilates class. Not long later, my mobile phone buzzes to alert me to the presence of a new message.
It's Wayne, from Plenty of Fish.
"Hi, how has your day been?"
I text back.
"Good, just got back from a Pilates class. How was yours?'
"Do you wear those sexy tights to plates?" (His spelling.)
"Loose trackie pants usually :P "
I sit down at my harp to play a difficult piece I have been learning, and check my phone five minutes later. There are two more messages waiting there.
"They can be sexy too! Sorry, very flirty me! What are you up to tonight?"
And written four minutes later,
"Oops, am I in trouble?"
I write back,
"Lol no, just playing the harp, didn't hear the first message."
"Ahh, playing the harp is very sexy too! I'm thinking about it!"
In annoyance, I remember his unprompted talk of naked harp playing on the phone two nights earlier, which had been accompanied by talk of his approval of sex on the first date and several smutty remarks I can't remember now. This had been our first conversation.
Another text message arrives.
"Now I'm in trouble, right?"
"Getting there....!" I reply, irritated.
"Sorry."
I turn my phone on to "camera" and take a photo of the harp in all her glory. Wayne is a musician, so he ought to appreciate a harp, right? Wrong. I send him the picture and get no response.
A bit later -
"Can I call you?"
"Eating dinner."
Later on, I have a conversation on the phone with a guy I've made a first date with for this coming Wednesday. Reno informs me that he enjoys drinking breast milk and is hungry for it at this present moment, asks me if I can have children and if not why not, and that he has got condoms ready for Wednesday. Furthermore, after having earlier volunteered to come and get me from my place (I don't drive), he now asks that I get public transport to his far-away place because otherwise he will be "inconvenienced".

I have now cancelled my date with Reno. Wayne I don't know what the Hell to do with.
© Copyright 2011 Zipporah (filluel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1777310-The-Disaster-of-Internet-Dating