*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1777945-Family-Matters
Rated: 18+ · Non-fiction · Family · #1777945
About me and my life dealing with the family i have
Let  me  start  by  saying  this:



I  don't  think  we  get  a  choice  in  who  are  parent's  are,

for  if  we  did  I  would  not  have  chosen  my  father.

I  know  I  should  not  talk  ill  of  the  dead,  but  my  father  gave  me  nothing  to  talk  of  other  than  this. He  was  a  dark  man,  a  sick  man,  though  do  not  blame  him  for  all  his  problems.  I  do  blaming  him  for  the  shame  and  fear  that  has  lived  inside  me  for  31yrs.

My  father  was  a  drunk  and  not  a  very  happy  one.  Though  many  people  have  told  me  that  he  was  a  wonderful,  caring  man.  I  however  have  never  meant  such  a  man.  The  man  I  knew  left  me  and  my  sister  outside  bars  asleep  in  the  car  as  he  got  drunk  and  played  games  of  pool. 

My  father  was  the  man,  who  stood  over  me  with  knives  between  his  fingers  and  pretended  to  be  freddie,  because  to  him  it  was  funny  and  it  made  his  new  wife  laugh.
© Copyright 2011 Angie Kingston (southerthang30 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1777945-Family-Matters