*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1778222-Reflections-of-Blue
Rated: · Other · Writing · #1778222
"The sky looked in the mirror, and it saw..." creative writing
The sky looked in the mirror, and it saw a reflection, of course.  Oh, but what a reflection it was, how glorious and magnificent!  And what within this reflection may you ask did the sky see?

The blue, yes, the blue was there.  What a depth it held, like an azure gem twinkling in the diminishing light of a fantastic sunset.  However, if it shifted its' gaze to another part of itself that was reflecting in this massive mirror, it saw the sunrise in another time.  It saw the memories of many times and many races, for its' perception of time was completley different.  Every drop in the oceans and seas was present, and every single creature of creation since time began was there. 

And how did it feel, this sky in soliturd, looking upon itself in entirety?  Was it taken aback by its brilliance, or did it roar in pride by with concerts of thunder as it beheld its castles of clouds that would change colour day by day, from the brightest pearly white to the grey of an angry rain bearing cloud?

No, it was lonely.  For it realised, there was no other like it.  There may be, it thought in its own slow way, a reflection of it below, in every river and stream that exists, but there was definetley no other like it.  So matchless and incomparable was the sky that it wondered if its creator had forsaken it.  Had the hands that wrought its majesty abandoned it to be alone?

Well no, it told itself.  It took heart.  Its darkening in the sadness and silence of night was passing.  And many people, it thought, many people will thank me for being here.  My presence is a comfort!  And the light that fills me every morning gives people hope. 

So the Sky let the light fill itself for another day, looked to its likeness sprawled below it, content and contemplating one thought.
I am wanted.


© Copyright 2011 Angellus of PDG (angellus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1778222-Reflections-of-Blue