*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1779468-Gandul
by Siul
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest · #1779468
A day in his life. My entry for the seven deadly sins contest. (word count 782)
His eyes were open. His breathing was steady. The room was painfully quiet. His mind was blank. He lay in bed, waiting.
Waiting for what exactly he didn't know, and didn't care. His body was stiff so he stretched and enjoyed the feeling it gave as his muscles elongated and relaxed. Rubbing and moving under the sheets was calming. The warmth of the comforter he enjoyed. The embrace of his sheets caressing his body reassured him. The morning he knew was ecstasy and getting up meant starting another day filled with pain and hassles.
Noticing the sharp pains coming from his bladder he knew he had to get up. The many prescription bottles that filled his nightstand were awaiting for him. As he got up he rushed to the bathroom, a strong sense of nausea he felt arose him, he stepped on a sharp object making him wince and stagger. Uttering a few well chosen words he kicked the object away not bothering to notice what he had stepped on. Regaining his balance he knocked away a few cups that stood on his dresser, out of anger. Spending a great amount of time in there he finished his daily routine. His sickness making him an indolent person.

In the kitchen he walked to the phone and stood there, glancing.
Feeling afraid and helpless he gathered the courage to call his mother.
He picks up the phone.
"Mom, I'm sorry, I forgot to call."
"I haven't seen you in so long."
...
Oh. I got the package you sent... I love it, mom, so much."
...
Feeling the rush of emotion in his body he felt the tears slowly fall.
Listen mom my appointment was last Monday... he told me everything."
Losing his control he began to cry.
"...I'm scared."
"You're so far away and I'm scared."

For breakfast he prepared cereal. Having his pills in hand he stirred and dropped them into his bowl. Walking to the living room couch he sat and grabbed the remote and turned on the TV; not caring what he was watching he ate his cereal. Placing the bowl on the coffee table he stretched himself on the couch. Knowing that nothing good came on in the morning he switched to a random morning talk show. As he sat there watching the show he failed to comprehend anything being said. And stared through the TV, the way a person stares at a crowd when giving a speech. Waiting for his medication to kick in he decides to take a nap.

He wakes up. A monotonous noise wakes him up. It's the door bell. Sluggishly he opens the front door and returns to the couch. Anna slowly enters already in mid-sentence, anticipating the smell of socks and pizza that was past due. "...and he wonder if you'd like to go?"
Anna walks up to the nearest window and opens it.
"So?"
"What?"
"Will you go? I mean they said that they wanted--."
"Anna? I missed you."
He knew what she was going to ask and tried to avoid those questions completely.
Anna feeling flattered she sat next to him.
Springing back up she noticed she sat on a plate that was pushed aside, she quickly wiped at her backside to make sure nothing was there.
"Listen, I'm in a rush, I just came by to see if you would like to go with us tonight and--."
"I don't know. I'll see."
"Oh come on. Please."
He answered with a grunt and she knew she wouldn't get an answer out of him then and there.
They were best friends.
"Bye? Call me and let me know. You'll be out; It'll be fun."
Hearing the door close he drifted off and fell asleep.

He hears his mothers voice. It startled him to hear her voice, she lived miles away. Making it a little more than a nap he noticed the dark sky and street lamps from his window. Her name came into his mind "Anna". As he decided to call her and apologize he caught the last of his mother's message. "...the interview is at eight, this Friday. Call me we need to catch up." The only light coming from the TV, which was left on, he picks up the phone and calls Anna.

Choosing to make something quick and easy for dinner; he hardly knew how to cook, he made instant noodles. Dinner eaten he took a quick shower and brushed his teeth. Returning to his room he picked out his clothes forgetting how grungy they were; the clothes were comfortable and that's all that mattered. Turning on his laptop he sits down and goes online. This time awaiting to feel tired and fall asleep.








© Copyright 2011 Siul (lawees at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1779468-Gandul