*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1779625-Fear-of-Oranges-scene-pr-3
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1779625
This is just a scene. (Prompt)
Prompt: Your main character has a fear of oranges. Write a scene where your character is on a plane, and the person sitting next to them is peeling and orange.

Caley was relaxed on the plane listening to her iPod when she smelled the foulest thing ever. She turned to look at the woman next to her. She was peeling an orange. Caley gasped, and stared in fear at the orange. She began to feel extremely hot, and she knew the nausea would be there soon. Irene stopped what she was doing and looked at her, confused.

"Is there......something wrong?" she asked.

"Yes!" she screeched, plugging her nose. "Put that away! Quickly! Throw it out! Get it away from my nose!!!"

Irene did nothing. "Excuse me?" she said.

Caley paused before replying. Nobody ever understood when she told them this. "I'm afraid of oranges. The smell of one makes my stomach churn, and they've always made me really sick." She looked up at Irene, who had a very confused look on her face.

"Are you being serious with me right now?" Irene asked.

"Yes, I'm serious!" Caley snapped. "Now take that stupid look off your face and get the hell rid of it! Don't forget to wash your hands!!" she demanded.

"I can't believe this," Irene muttered as she motioned for a flight attendant. Irene looked at Caley. She was leaning forward in her seat, sweating profusely and looking slightly pale. The stewardess arrived, and Irene filled her in.

"Ma'am, why don't you go in the bathroom until this lady finishes her orange," the stewardess said to Caley.

Caley stood up reluctantly and began to complain. "Why should I have to be secluded while she eats her nasty orange?!"

"It's the simplest solution ma'am, I'm very sorry. The orange should be gone within 5-10 minutes. We'll be sure to spray some air freshener as well. I'll come knock when everything's clear." She left Caley alone in the bathroom, staring in disbelief.

© Copyright 2011 Heather Lynn (hlynn7509 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1779625-Fear-of-Oranges-scene-pr-3