*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1779969-Path-of-the-Moon
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1779969
Short snippet of something that I might write more on. Thoughts and comments are welcomed.
The tempest crashed around Kecien, his the only silhouette upon the darkened ramparts lit only by the periodic flash of lightning. Before him lay the courtyard filled with those who took her from him, those who were soon to feel the sting of his blades and the wrath behind every swing. Not one of them would go unpunished and not a single one would he leave standing. He loved her more than anything in his life and they made him watch as she died, burned to ash by the rising Sun. Her final screams would haunt him forever.

The sound of a bow being drawn taut pulled him from his thoughts. A moment later he felt the wind as the arrow skimmed through his hair, just missing his left ear. He lunged at the two nearest Drokaines from where he stood, his twin swords piercing through their helmets as he landed between them. A cathartic yell exploded from him as he charged towards the far side of the courtyard, his blades slicing in perfect harmony with each other and removing many a limb from its owner in his frenzy. He would find Varkos and avenge Sasha’s death this very night.

Amongst the storm above him the moon slowly rose, cascading the yard with broken streams of near-translucent light. The forest around the castle was engulfed by howls, answering Kecien’s call. From the forest they came, forms larger than men and filled with a blood-lust only matched by Kecien’s pain and rage. A slow smirk creased his lips as the night erupted with howls from the Canitines swarming the cause and breaching the parapet behind him. There would be a massacre this night and he would relish in seeing Varkos’ eyes widen just as he slid his blades through his chest. The wolves had joined in his fight.
© Copyright 2011 Ternion (daksha at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1779969-Path-of-the-Moon