*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1780127-Jet-Lag-Rant
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1780127
Ever had Jet lag? You know what I'm talking about.
I can't really say that I enjoy traveling, especially flying around the States as often as I do. I live far away from home, so trips to see my parents and grandparents on the east coast are far and few between. Mostly Christmas and summer vacation: Sometimes not even that, now that I have a place of my own instead of school dorms.

So chances to go home are exciting times, even if I'm up half the night and my mother still insists on waking my up at 8:30 every morning, to get me adjusted to East coast time, then proceeds to wake me up earlier and earlier until I have little to no sleep at all. I'm serious, just this morning she woke me up at 8:00, and I've been home for two days. There goes summer.

Yeah, don't get me started on Jet lag. You have no idea how bad that gets going back. I'll be talking to my friend Rachel, and will start falling asleep on the couch while we are having a girl's night celebration.

And then there are the trips that are slightly less enjoyable. I mean, don't get me wrong, I still had a wonderful time, and it was a beautiful ceremony, but I didn't think flying to my grandfather's funeral was the plan I originally had for the middle of February. Driving to Las Vegas, hopping on a plane at 11:30 at night, flying, scared for my life for 6 hours only to sleep in an airport for another hour, hop on another plane, sleep the entire flight and have the flight attendants tease me mercilessly, getting lost trying to meet the friend that is picking me up because my family is still driving out, and falling asleep on their couch until my family and cousin Michael show up: That was definitely not in my agenda. After finally catching up on sleep, I stayed up an extra four hours after everyone else crashed at the hotel. I could hear the whole floor vibrating with their snores.

Oh well, I guess that's the life of a frequent flier.

Word Count: 354
© Copyright 2011 D.G. Weber (dgweber at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1780127-Jet-Lag-Rant