*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1781367-The-Trial-of-Lancelot
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Fanfiction · #1781367
A sonic Fanfic based off a song. My first Sonic Fanfic ever.
(Author's note: I usually won't do this, but here I felt it necessary. This song is based off of the song "The Trial of Lancelot" and I know I mixed with dialogue and text, but listen to the song and you'll get where I'm coming from



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d_gJv2iCPw&feature=BFa&list=FLDEjbqKal8cY&index=...



Sorry for the rant. Please enjoy the story.)



The great King Arthur took his seat at the Round Table, his mighty blade Caliburn at his side as his majestic blue quills protruded from underneath his crown. Among him sat Sir Gawain, Tristan, Percival, Galahad, and Kay. But one knight stood before them all. The knight dubbed the best of the Round Table stood glaring at each of the knights with the ruby irises hidden deep in his iron helm. His powerful and mysterious black quills emerging from his armor while he crossed his arms as Arondight, his famed blade that had slew many a foe in the name of chivalry, was taken and laid on the table as he awaited trial. The queen emerged from the other room sorrowful as she placed herself next to her blue lover.



The king used what awesome strength he had to remain calm. "Greatest knight Lancelot, you have been called here accused of treason and betrayal of oath. How do you respond?" The king's emerald eyes almost seemed to pierce through Lancelot's helm as he retorted with an unfounded calm "Simple. Every charge against me I am guilty of." Looking to the beautiful queen, her ivory hair flowing down to the tip of her graceful black wings he continued "I am not here to defend myself. I am only here to accept my punishment. My only crime was love." Lancelot silenced himself while the king spoke sighing, holding Lancelot in good favor and regretting that he had met with Guinevere, his queen, whose flowing locks were like the first snowfall on Britain's grounds "Very well. I now open the floor to you my knights. This is your brother and he is to be condemned one way or another. Please. Now more than ever I need your council." He said laying his forehead on his gauntlet.



Kay, being a knight known for his acid tongue and who had rumors claiming that it was the acid in his tongue that made his feathers such a greenish color, was the first to speak. Standing up he slammed his fist on the table shaking Arondight a bit. "My lord. He is a man like any other among us. The word of kings command him and his heart does not obey. For all his strength and boldness this knights spirit is too weak. His crime has no excuses and no favors may he seek! The laws of kings don't bend and can't be broken!" Echoing across the room Guinevere let out an inaudible gasp at Kay's harsh words raising her gloved hand to her mouth. Placing his unarmed hand in hers the king bade Kay to step down. Reluctantly the poison green hawk sat back down as Lancelot spoke again "I stand here for love of Guinevere. I stand for love."



Lancelot silenced himself once again as another one of his brothers rose. His red locks dangling from the back of his helm, Gawain rose and looked to the king, having almost as much favor as the knight whom he had so much rivalry with. "Your majesty I know this knight right well and he has ever stood beside me. With Arondight's steel he has answered insults and defended chivalry." Looking down to his spiked knuckles he sighed before continuing "And oft this man contended for the honor of your wife" he said gesturing to Guinevere "His actions were not proper but should not cost him his life. His service past should earn of you some mercy." The king's face went into a bit of shock. The knight who rivaled Lancelot so much was defending him. Trying to save him from death. However Lancelot's confident and calm face remained as he spoke once more "I fought for love of Guinevere. I'll fight for love."



As Gawain sat back down, another knight rose. Though much younger than the others, his service as a blacksmith and his love of chivalry had earned him a place as a Knight of the Round, and as Arthur's adopted nephew. His two orange tails protruding, Tristan spoke next to council Arthur. "Brothers, I love my uncle's wife. For her I'd gladly suffer, she is my heart's delight." Fantasizing a bit Tristan continues on "Iseult, the one who tempts me, and she for whom I'm pure. My love for her confounds me and is all of which I'm sure." Interrupting, Percival spoke challenging Tristan. "Yes, it's lovely hearing about who tempts you young brother, but what does that have to do with whether or not this TRAITOR..." Percival says glaring at Lancelot "live or dies?" The king commands Percival to calm and sit back down. After the famed knight obeys, Tristan continues "I merely am saying that I understand my brother's contradictions. They are great ones to fight and such a nature of contradictions should be taken into account." Tristan took his seat as the queen smiled to her nephew, grateful she had one that would speak for him at the table. Lancelot once again spoke out of turn relaxed as his life hung in the balance "I cry my love for Guinevere. I've cried for love."



The Knight known as the purest of all rose from his seat directly left of the queen with hair almost matching hers entirely in color. Reaching out his gloved hand with a green halo on his palm he gestured to the ebony colored knight who was partially responsible for his birth looking to Arthur. "King of kings, have no fear of predilection. For though he is my father, he is my source of shame." Unable to calm himself he pointed accusingly at him coating Lancelot in a green aura binding and immobilizing him. "He joined in sinful union with my unbeguiling mother. And for all his claim at virtue he had gone and bed another! The laws of God declare this act damnation!" In blind fury the aura around Lancelot vanished as he was thrown into a wall his armor clanking and clattering as he hit both it and the ground. Gawain leapt from his seat tackling Galahad pinning him forcing him to calm down. "Both of you stop this nonsense!" Arthur yelled "Seat yourselves and Galahad you would be wise to quell your anger." The force of kings in his voice, Galahad knelt to him before speaking again. "Forgive me my lord. My father causes much of my unrest." As Galahad sat down, his father rose to his feet stone-faced as ever speaking again "I lie in love with Guinevere. I've lied for love."



Arthur placing his elbows on the table rested his forehead against his hands again conflicted as the knights made valiant claims both to allow Lancelot to live, and also to let him die. After much internal struggle, his queen placed her arms around him and letting his emerald irises meet hers of aquamarine Arthur's path became clear. "Lancelot, kneel." The only two words spoken, but they were words of kingly law and as such Lancelot bowed his head as Arthur approached him "I had thought you a brother Lancelot. I thought you were worthy of my trust. But you had proven to me my trust was misplaced. As such justice must be done." As a tear rolled out of Arthur's eye he reached for the legendary sword Caliburn wielding it and placing its blade on Lancelot's shoulder. "I wish it hadn't come to this Lancelot. But there is only one price that can be paid for treason. If you have any last words to speak, now would be the time to let them flow from your lips." Guinevere was about to retort until Percival held her to her seat shaking her head in silence. While some of the knights wore a smile on their face, others looked away in sorrow. Lancelot raised his head holding it high as he spoke his final words. "I'll die in love with Guinevere. I'd die for love."



As the king swung Caliburn down on the traitor, it became hard to tell what filled more of the room: Lancelot's blood or Guinevere's tears.



(All Characters used belong to SEGA)
© Copyright 2011 SmoothJazz (blackfire at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1781367-The-Trial-of-Lancelot