*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1781441-Gone
Rated: E · Prose · Other · #1781441
The pain of lost love
I'll remember you always, forever and into eternity. I'll hold forever, the memories of you, of me and us, deep within my heart.

And in the years to come, in those cherished moments when I hear the echoes of your voice, remembering all the sweet names you called me, the little notes we'd leave for one another, I'll recall the gift of love we shared.

We loved the best we could amidst the sorrow  time and life dealt us;
amongst the troubled throes of your painful addictions.

Sadly....you are gone.

I laid a single, red rose upon your casket. I watched them lower your body into the cold, November ground, my heart breaking with every move of earth that fell upon that cold, steel box, trying to hold back the tears, as my throat grew tighter and tighter in my aching chest.

A part of my heart died the day you died. It cried because you were gone. It cried for all the missed chances we had to love one another beautifully, strong, with glory.

The end came too soon for our story.

I wish I could hear your voice just one more time. I wish I could tell you how much I really loved you.

Please come to me in my dreams some night, hold me in your arms and call me your "Baby Girl", just one more time.

And so~

My heart goes on, occasionally stirring up dusty, sweet memories and dreams of our smiling faces. Faces of you and me~

          And ~
The way we were



© Copyright 2011 LadeeAnne (ladeeanne at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1781441-Gone