*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1781621-The-Taking-of-Silesia-Chapter-One
Rated: E · Short Story · Fanfiction · #1781621
About the taking of Austria's twin sister Silesia by Prussia!!! Couple: Prussia X Silesia
                                                The Taking of Silesia: Chapter One

  "All hail Queen Maria Theresa!! Long live the Queen" The yells kept repeating and filling my ears.  I was sitting near a window looking out at the crowds yelling and shouting for Maria Theresa.  I had never wanted to come to her ceremony but my brother, Austria, had insisted that I come.  Its not that I don't like her but I just wanted the peace and quite of my sweet home unlike here.  I continued to watch with an absent mind until I felt a hand on my back.  I swirled around quickly to see who it was and there was Austria smiling. He never smiles. Well, I guess today was an exception for there was a new Queen of Austria.  I smiled back at him and stood up to give him a hug.  Despite him rarely being affectionate, emtional, and loving he truly did love me, I saw it in his eyes.  "Does anyone need me now?" I asked him after giving him my hug.  "The Empress wants to meet you. I told her that you would love to meet you."  Austria explained to me.  He led me from my seat and started walking to the throne room.  I have to admit this palace is very beautiful and large also.  I stared all around me looking at the pinkish-creamish marble floor and ceiling.  The rich curtains before were a deep green but now it was a deep royal violet.  I could see the National Flags standing outside through the windows while passing them.  I took my brother's hand and squeezed it, that was a sign of affection from me, and looked at him with a nervous look.  He just smiled back at me and comforted me with these words: "Don't be nervous!! The Queen is very kind and is looking forward to meeting you.  I was nervous when I first met her but once you meet her you nervousness melts away!" He told me.  "Are you going to play the piano?  Your music is wonderful!!"  I asked him curiously.  He shook his sadly and I finally ungrasped my hand from his.  There was a look in his face that made me nervous, then I knew. Even though this was the happiest day in years something was wrong, Very wrong.  "What is it brother? Is something wrong?' I asked gently.  "No, no. N-nothing's wrong." He stutered and look away.  My brother and I were different in many ways.  Like this way: He tries to hide things that are going wrong while I don't. But he can't hide things very well everyone knows that.  Another difference now physical: he has dark brown hair while I have light blonde hair.  Mother, Bohemia to be exact, claims that he got from our grandfather, the leader who represented the Slavic Tribes.  I sighed, the day was going to get worse before it got better.  But there was similarities between us too.  Mother told us that both of us are very stubborn in a lot of ways and it always makes her mad but she still loves us.  Another is a physical feature which is our eye color. Both are a beautiful deep violet but not as deep as the curtains I saw earlier.  Suddenly I was becoming very annoyed and I had finally realized it.  How far was the throne room from my seat and exactly how big was this palace? I wondered.  Ah well, at least the walk will give me some time to prepare to meet the Empress.  But it was too late we were already standing right in front of the door of the Throne Room.  "Ready?" My brother asked. I breated deeply, "Ready."  The Throne Room was even more beautiful than the halls of the palace. The walls had gold lining them, same with the ceiling and the floor even had a gold trim!! On my right and left side on the walls was the Royal Seal of Austria. Then I looked ahead, there she was.  Maria Theresa, Empress and Queen of Austria.  She was even more splendid and magnificent than I had ever imagined.  Her beautiful hair was done in the most complexed way, her features looked even more beautiful than the portraits and the clothes, I can't even describe.  But those weren't the  most amazing things.  It was the glow of her.  It seemed like she had a glow to her like she was radiating power.  Then I focused to see where we were now, we had made our way to her throne already.  I saw my brother in the middle of a bow, a sign of respect, then I curtsied to her, the sign of respect women do.  "It is a pleasure to meet you Lady Silesia." She said once I had finished my curtsy.



  It had all begined well but at the end there was horrible new from everyone around the Empire. Queen Maria had stood up from her throne and walked over to where Austria and I were standing.  She walked even more graciously than the ballerinas I saw in a production one time.  We began talking, mostly about how she was going to build the Empire even stronger than it ever was and even richer and bigger too.  I began wondering how that would Holy Roman Empire feel.  Queen Maria also said how I was her favorite province besides our mother, Bohemia, and Austria, who's techincally a country now.  It felt like hours we were standing there and then she offered us to sit down.  Brother and I declined but she kept on insisting until we sat down after her.  I never realized that all my nervousness was slipping by as we talked and I was having a good time.  But then the letter came.  We were talking then I heard a strange noise, like a bird.  Brother heard it too and all of us looked out to the window, there was a strange bird flying torwards us with a paper.  The paper most likely was a letter for the Empress.  It was few minutes before it got here and it landed right in front of brother.  "Shall I open it, Queen Maria Theresa?"  Brother asked the Empress/Queen.  "Yes." She replied gently.  Austria opend the letter gently and slowly and began reading it.  At the end of the letter he looked horrified.  He looked from the Queen to me.  Then he looked back at the Queen and said: "Some did  not want you to become Queen/Empress of the Empire.  "Let me read it then." She continued gently and calmly.  "He handed it to her and she began reading.  She stopped and said: So this is a list of all the states who will willingly rebel against us to force me to abdicate the throne?" She asked brother.  He nodded solemnly.  She closed her eyes and shook her head. "I'm for Silesia." She told my brother.  "What's wrong?!" I asked starting to get nervous.  "Read not all of it but find the part where you are in it." She told me trying to keep calm.  "Austria and I need to go talk." She said then motioned for Austria to stand then they left together with her bodyguards and advisors.  Once all of them were gone I began reading.  I skipped over a few and found an intersting one:

                                                                From Bavaria:

I will not have Maria Theresa to be Queen. The Throne is rightfully mine!!

Then I found the entry that scared me to death and the entry that would seal my fate forever. I guess is what horrified them the most and they're probably trying to make plans to stop him.

                                                                From Prussia:

I will not have Maria Theresa to be Queen.  Silesia is mine!!!

Even though all of those states are rebelling, that was the one that really scared me.  Prussia was going to take me whether I liked it or not.
© Copyright 2011 Czechoslovakia (lovingfrance at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1781621-The-Taking-of-Silesia-Chapter-One