*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1782751-Sanctuary
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Other · #1782751
what will you do when your sanctuary breaks down?
-Prologue-



The bedroom wasn't as cold as usual. The warm sunlight made its way in from the opened windows, and the wind blew in playfully.

This was new and enjoyable for Renata. She looked to her side as she woke up from her sleep and found the love of her life, sleeping soundly.

Renata gently stroked Seth's hair, and kissed his forehead. It woke Seth up and made him smile.


Their marriage was perfect. Both of them have been working in the police department for quite some time. Renata is a homicide detective, while Seth is her partner. The 'perfect couple' as their friends would say it.

Never would any of them complain about not spending enough time together, or one of them coming home late. They are always together day and night. Always protecting each other in every dangerous step they take.

"Ren... You're awake?"
"Of course. And you should be too, you know?"

Seth sat down and took a deep breath. His air changed, and he seemed depressed.
Renata immediately sat down beside him and looked at him.

"What's wrong?"

Seth shook his head and forced a smile.

"A bad feeling, nothing to be worried about. You know that I love you, don't you?"

Renata chuckled.

"Of course I do. What's wrong with you today?"

Seth got out of the bed and walked into the shower, not responding to Renata's question.


____


"Ren, maybe you need to go to work first, I might take a while"

Renata, who was already neat and ready, gave out a long sigh.

"What's wrong, your make up's not right today?"

"Ha ha , very funny. Just go ahead and i'll catch up with you"

"Fine"

Renata stepped out of their house, their ever so beautiful home. As she was two blocks away she heard gunshots.

She noticed that her front door's opened.

As fast as she could, Renata ran back to her house, when suddenly it exploded and engulfed in fire. The explosion happened twice, anyone inside the house would never have a chance of living.

Renata's heart sank to the bottom and shattered to pieces.
© Copyright 2011 Caravelle (caravelle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1782751-Sanctuary