*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1782836-My-best-friend-and-the-apocalypse
by Danja
Rated: · Fiction · Other · #1782836
The thoughts that swim through my mind as I witnessed the end of the world.


He's my best friend




I watch the world around me turn into dust, it's all over now and I know I can't go back. At first I guess all I could think was it's such a shame that this is the way the world is going to end, It was even sadder to think I don't even know the exact reason why.

As the buildings start to fall down, the children and parents start to cry and for a moment I can't tell them apart. The only thing on my mind right now is my best friend, I can imagine him drunk sitting in some bar laughing at the people trying to run away from fate, I'm smiling at his brutal honesty and fearless approach to the apocalypse.

"Why you running? you can't escape your destiny"

These are the words Jamie Cameron laughs to himself and takes another shot from the bottle of whiskey, these are the words I can imagine my best friend saying as the buildings crack, the sea's turn into sand and all the lights turn into darkness.

I've not seen him in years, I've not heard his voice ever since the accident but I know he forgives me and I know he's still out there even now on the dawn of the end,

I walk into the crowds, I walk into them as they run past me in fear, they run past me away from the giant force of destruction infront of me.
I can't help but smile now, knowing that some how he's loving every moment of this, I can't help but smiling to myself as I start to understand this is the way the world ends.

I can't help but think he's the only thing I ever cared about on this planet, I can't help but think he's the only person I was ever able to bound with. There is no gift greater than friendship and it took the end of the world for me to fully understand that.

He's my best friend.
© Copyright 2011 Danja (danjababy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1782836-My-best-friend-and-the-apocalypse