*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1782990-Movement-Like-Water
Rated: E · Poetry · Other · #1782990
Something about feeling stagnant in life.
Like water, there is a movement within all of us. Within some it trickles like a stream that has been without water for many months and then there are those with which it moves like the great currents of the ocean, fast and powerful without ceasing but even the stream that barely can connect all of its lengths needs only one strong rain to fool the river. I am the stream that trickles. My banks are dry and my rocks are bleached by the beating sun. I wait for rain with the patience of an oak for even if it does not come, I am still an oak, and I am still the bed that has been carved deep into the face of the earth. I have made my mark in the landscape of life, I exist so I must wait with the patience of a lifetime and trust in the movement that lives within all of us. I must wait like a vessel that waits to be filled. I look forward to the touch of the rain again. Each drop like life tapping me on the shoulder trying to wake me from my sleep. My deep banks filled with water, once again by the deep breath of living.  I must trust in the rain to return again, I must trust in the movement within me.
© Copyright 2011 J. Nicholson (jnich152 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1782990-Movement-Like-Water