*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1783793-Golden
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Drama · #1783793
A poem to remember to help me forget.
A wise man one said that the best way to forget about a girl is to turn her into literature, and for the past year, I've been madly in love with a girl who doesnt love me back. Its been the hardest experience of my life, but this is my attempt at shutting her out of my mind.

Each day, it starts the same. An alarm, breakfast, bus. I'm waking up to school, when my friends say "Zach! Come hang with us!". I dont delay, I dont wait. I'm pulled right into the bait. But something amazing catches my eye: A beautiful girl, not at all shy. She paralyzes with, her stunning looks, and her voice, so sweet and sexy. She says "Hey. My name is Lexi." My teeth chatter, my lips barely move, but she leans in close. Id never seen her, not even once, but she kissed me there, so passionate. I held her tightly in my arms, and kissed her gently, yet lovingly. We pulled away, to my dismay, but she ended with perfection. "I like you, your cute and warm, we should have a double date." I was slighty confused, for a moment, but she strung my heart in several knots. "Do you have a girlfriend?" I hoped and hoped what she would ask next, and I shook my head. She broke my heart in small pieces when she told me "That's too bad, my boyfriend and I love company." She walked away, and my arms dropped short. My eyes watched her every move. I gazed upon her, so lonely, so hopeless, but she turned back, and gave me a smile. My heart filled with happiness, just seeing her smile. It made me smile right back, even though I now knew what my life would lack.

This is based on my love story, but the characters and events are mostly fictional.
© Copyright 2011 That Guy (r3c0nx5044 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1783793-Golden