*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1784008-Alice-returns-home-from-Wonderland
Rated: E · Short Story · Fanfiction · #1784008
I wrote this story to show how Alice's family reacted to her adventure.
"Alice, you've gone mad!"
"I have not! I am telling you the truth and you call me a liar!"
These sorts of arguments have become a daily thing in the Liddell family. Ever since I told my sisters about my experience in Wonderland they've laughed at me and called me Odd Alice. I told them the truth about what had happened. There was a cake that made me grow and a cordial that made me shrink. The flowers had faces and talked, just like the animals. Sounds impossible? That is what I thought too. It started as such and innocent thing. I saw a rabbit in waistcoat and followed it. It took me to its hole and I fell down it into Wonderland. I did not like to be branded as a liar.
"Alice, may I speak to you for a moment?"
"Yes mother."
I went into the parlour and seated myself next to mother. She took my chin in her hands and said,
"Alice, you have to let this silly story go."
"But it's not silly!" I protested.
"Alice, please listen. If you keep going on about this, no man will ever fancy you. You must stop this childish behavior."
I decided not to argue with her because once mother's mind is made up, there is no changing it.
"Yes mother."
"Now, go up to your room and lie down. I'll call a doctor to check on you about these delusions."
I reluctantly went up to my room but I did not get into bed. Instead, I took all of the blankets and sheets off my bed and tied them together to make a rope. I tied one end of the rope to my chair and then opened my window. I flug my homeade rope out the window and began to inch my way down it. I prayed that it would hold. It did and within a few minutes, my feet touched the ground. I began to run, determined to find Wonderland once again.
© Copyright 2011 Feather Pane (featherpane at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1784008-Alice-returns-home-from-Wonderland