*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1784516-Golden-Sinner
by M-15
Rated: E · Short Story · Crime/Gangster · #1784516
Short story about murder
A windy day makes everything look dull and dry especially on a certain school on the north of Sheffield. Gray paints and dull faces makes the image more unpleasant benumbed. But above all the incoming students walking towards a big gray building with white window panes, a shining golden hair is very noticeable. She walks gracefully and her body was slender, she was different of all. She was the only rose walking to a very thorny garden where black roses can be found.

She opened the silver door without any effort as if it was just a light feather. She smiled as she sniffed the air. What could be she thinking at the moment? Well, no one knows. But one thing’s for sure, her smile is unusual. Her golden hair bounces as she walks through the hallway, everyone was glancing at her. She looks back at them from the peripheral of her eye. She grins as if a certain thing pleased her. She walked straight to her room and sat down on a squeaking chair. Her slender posture remained the same.

It was early enough before the class starts and students still have the time of their lives to hang out and have fun. A black braided haired girl approached the very stiff and still golden haired girl. She waved at her and smiled, she smiled back. “Hi, Rennis. How was your vacation? Where did you go?” she sat down on an empty seat next to her as she asked questions triumphantly. Rennis sat on the edge of the chair facing the braided girl, “My vacation was pretty much fine, Annie. I went to Seattle to visit some distant relatives of mine.” She grinned as she caressed her braided hair. Annie just giggled and continued to tell how her vacation was. Until a classmate of them came rushing inside to classroom catching her breath, “Hey, everyone! Have you heard that they found a dead body at the back of the tree next to the main entrance of the school?” Everyone stood up and approached her murmuring and faces shocked.

“Was it a murder?” Annie mumbled as she stood up and walked towards the panicking crowd. “Whose body was that?” she asked Lianne, the one who spread the news. “It was recognized as the 4th year valedictorian, Hannah Perdy. Her stomach was cut opened.” All the students of class 2-A gasped except for one person who just sat there listening to them. “It’s scary, isn’t it, Rennis?” Annie sat back down beside her. She just nodded and continued to stare at the crowd. “Okay everyone, settle down! Let the police handle the case.” The teacher appeared out of nowhere and everyone went back to their seats with the chill on their spine.

Time flies so fast until the bell rang that designates it is lunch time already. “Rennis, shall we eat lunch at the canteen?” Annie approached Rennis as she was searching something insider her bag. “Can we stop by at the art classroom for awhile? I think I left something there during art class.” Rennis chuckled, “Sure, you always left something that belongs to you.” Annie giggled and walked beside Rennis to the art classroom. “What did you lost?” Annie asked as she opened the door for Rennis, “My wallet.” Rennis bent down and looked under the cabin. “You’re so clumsy.” Annie laughed and Rennis just looked at her with a grin on her face.

“Annie, I’ll buy you something to eat while we look for my wallet. It could be a bother to you anyway.” Rennis grabbed Annie’s hand, “Sure! But do you have extra money?” she asked her as Rennis was about to leave the room. “Of course I do have.” In just a moment Annie was left in the art room alone. Rennis quickly grabbed an egg sandwich and a soda for Annie. She wrapped the egg sandwich in a black handkerchief. She leisurely went back to the art classroom. “Here you go Annie.” She handed her the sandwich and the soda. “Thanks Rennis, still, I can’t find your wallet. Aren’t you going to eat?” She sighed and sat down on a sturdy stool. “It’s okay, I’ve eaten a heavy meal for breakfast. Just finish eating while I look for my wallet.” She smiles conspicuously.

The hallway was now noisy; the students were going back to their own classrooms for the afternoon lessons. Still, the murder of the open stomach about the 4th year valedictorian remained a mystery and the news spread all over the school like an epidemic disease. The bell rang and the golden hair girl with a grin on her face left the art classroom with a white wallet with red liquid pattern all over it. She went straight to the ladies room and looked at the mirror, her features are incredibly admirable.

Later that afternoon, news spread that a precious little girl was found dead and her stomach was opened in the art classroom. She was holding a soda and a black handkerchief was blind folded on her eyes.

Rennis heard this news and still, she was in the ladies room.

She reached for her pocket and grabbed a handkerchief until something fell down and made quite a noise. She picked it up and faced the mirror. A very sharp and deadly knife was being grasped by her two hands with blood all over it.

“I’m sorry Annie; it’s just how the meal goes. Besides it’s the reverse of my name” She licked the blood all over the knife and placed down the pure white wallet before next to the sink – stained with a precious girl’s blood.

Written on the mirror of the ladies room was the reverse word of her name – sinneR.
© Copyright 2011 M-15 (pandachii at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1784516-Golden-Sinner