*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1784702-In-the-Eyes-of-the-Innocent
by Xyd
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Psychology · #1784702
Please read this short story and tell me what you think about it...thanks!
In The Eyes Of The Innocent

by Xydia Mae A. Rojas

I was in the middle of nowhere-I did'nt even know how the hell i got there-when i saw a girl standing a few feet away. she wore a huge smile that surely fits her dress. i can't really see her face clearly. she was surrounded by people, whom were looking at her as if admiring her. but seconds later, they started whispering into each other's ears...laughing and snobbing at the girl. i looked back at the girl. she was still smiling. she did'nt seem to notice it. she looked so happy but when i looked into her eyes i saw pain, hatred and lonliness. i saw a tear fell down her face and still she smiled. i felt something wet on my face...it was a tear. i wiped it off. i tried to reach out my hand for her and she tried to reach it, but as our hands were supposed to touch...a solid invisible wall was in between us. the wall was hard and cold as ice. i looked back at the other side...i noticed that the girl's friends were all looking at me...seconds later they started to walk toward me. i expected them to crash...but they did'nt...they had passed through the walls. they surrounded, laughed, and yelled at me-boisterously. i fell down...i covered my temples as hard as i could. everything they shouted at me were critcisms, judgements and demands. each word seemed to stung every part of my body. i started to cry and beg them to stop...but they did'nt seem to hear plead. i looked at the girl from the other side. she was still there, on on her knees, her hands covering her ears-maybe she was hearing everything i was hearing. she looked at me and smiled...

"RUN!!!" i shouted and at the same time she mouthed the words:

run

I dropped my hands and she did the same. i could hear the people...still yelling at me. i looked up and stared at them...and realized who they were.
they were my family...friends...everyone whom i knew.
tears started to fall again. i looked back at the girl. a little light shed onto her face. it was me.
© Copyright 2011 Xyd (xydia94 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1784702-In-the-Eyes-of-the-Innocent