*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1785210-I-Sold-My-Soul-for-Two-Dollars
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1785210
Why wont someone save me...? I want this night mare to end...
"Please...Please calm down." I whispered gently into the wind as if it were to take heed and calm its viscous attack. But the wind continued to strike me with its frozen fists. Snow lay around me in little clumps, every so often I would be swallowed by the white powder as it got caught in the hissing storm. It stung the portions of skin that were showing, till I couldn't feel anything...
I'm cold... I'm wet... And I'm alone...
I quickly hid my eyes in my chilly knees. I could here the other beasts growling in there cages. There was no one there but I couldn't let the world see me cry.
When I was younger my father would bring me to the zoo. He was only home every few weeks, I guess it was guilt. That had to be the only reason he spent that much money to take me there. I was always so happy to go... Even when I got older... I never thought of how the animals we gawked at felt... I think I know better than anyone now... To have people stare at you because you’re strange, you’re different, and you’re rare. They don't often understand what an animal is. They point and yell with delight, while the monsters shiver in there cages. When the terrified animals cry to the onlookers for help, the humans just say how beautiful or scary the animal is and then move on. I can't believe I was once one of those ignorant humans... In fact I wish I still was...

"Please calm down." I pleaded frantically as the wind slashed at my arms and legs, It harshly bit at my nose. The thick bars did a wonderful job of keeping me in, but gave little protection from the howling, bitter, frozen wind. A hollow sob escaped my chest,
"God please, if you have not yet forgotten I was still here... Calm your winds... Please..." I understand it was a last ditch effort, calling on a god that I never truly believed in. I really have no other options. I know I'm stupid... If there was a god, even a mention of one, he would have stopped me from taking that modeling job. He would have stopped me from drinking that first sip of Frizz... I can almost hear the big guy laughing at me saying "Stupid girl! I can only send you so much help before you need to help yourself." I really can't blame anyone but myself... Than again how was I supposed to know it was dangerous... It was just another job... Plus all the models received free Frizz.

The directors filled the five of us full of the sugary substance till we were all completely addicted. After the shoot was over we had to pay for our own. I found myself stealing two dollars from my mom just so I could get my hands on the purple slush... It was like meth... After the first shot you need to keep pumping it into yourself.
Frizz took over my life.
And yet I still couldn't foresee this fate. I tried to quite... Even though it was only two bucks, each cup was becoming expensive.
Who knew that I would go into a massive withdrawal?
I've never felt anything so painful in my entire life. The pain blinded me to the affects. After a week my mother brought me to the hospital because my smooth peach skin had become discolored and dry...

They forced her to believe I died in that hospital. That the doctors fought the “infection" inside my body till the very end... Nether of my parents know I'm here, shivering in the bitter cold of spring.

My eyes reveled themselves from behind my frozen knees. The slit pupils traced the lettering on the sign beside my cage.
"Cat Monkey..." I whispered the cursed name I was given by the men who bought me... The doctors sold me back to the men who forced me into this cage... The very men who poured that dangerous icy liquid down my throat. A single chill ran down my back, my clawed hand grasped at my lips. I have to remember, I'm an emotionless dumb animal. If I speak even one word in front of anyone they'll kill me... I hurriedly glanced up and down the pathway. To the norm, no one was there except the moths dancing in the street lights. No one comes at night. What human in there right mind would dare come here in the middle of the night. Especially when it's so cold...

I wonder if my parents would even notice me if they came here. Would they rescue me from this hell? I don't even remember what their faces look like. Have they forgotten my face aswell? I feel like such a small child... Crying for my mother... No... For anyone to see through the fur, teethe, and claws. That some one out of the million that pass by me would stop and say,
“Hey! That's Kassy!" and then sweep me to safety. I guess a beast isn't allowed to have a fairy tale prince... Or true best friends like the girls in the movies do. If this were to turn into some kind of… Beauty and the Beast, even if they could love me... I would never transform back into the thing I used to be... This is a curse that will never end...
There is no antidote...
There is no prince...
There is no hope...

Maybe one day, like the other animals I will learn to love the care our owners forcefully throw at us... I'll learn to love the bloody piece of ass they throw in my cage the way I loved a greasy pulled pork sandwich... No... I'll never love anything more than that... I glanced over to the untouched donkey hip... It was ass in more ways than one... So far I have refused to swallow a single bite of the food they've served me. Instead, to stay alive I've been eating the things young kids throw through the bars... Sandwich crusts, empty ice-cream cones, hell I've even managed to get my hands on a full water bottle.
My insides roared loudly, as if to tell me it wasn't enough... My tiny black nose quivered as the chilly wind carried the sent over to me. Unlike everything else here, it was warm. My mouth began to salivate. How much longer could I keep this up? Living behind these cold bars, having people gawk at me each day, eating only what I can steel from little kids and sitting here feeling sorry for myself! How the hell am I still alive...? I'm not even trying to live anymore. I'm trying to be human!? Why would I want to be human? They care nothing for others... Nothing for animals in cages...

I slowly unraveled myself and got to my feet. My pawed hand cleared the tears from my eyes. I'm an animal now... And animals do what they can to survive.
Like a soldier I marched over to the bloody piece of meat, bent to my knees and took my first shaky bite. The crimson liquid rand down my cheeks. It wasn't a pulled pork sandwich, but... It will have to do...



(Thanks to Ellie Mack for Your helpfull advise :P)
© Copyright 2011 Winged Bear (forgottentears at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1785210-I-Sold-My-Soul-for-Two-Dollars