*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1785694-Janey-says-she-likes-you
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Friendship · #1785694
They let her in and brought her to your room. You hid under your super space quilt.
Janey says she likes you. She came to your house yesterday. She knocked at your door, and said “I'm Janey. I'm here to play with Kim.” You never met her before that moment, but she knew your name. They thought she must have met you before. They let her in and brought her into your room. You said “NO!” and hid under your super space quilt, but they made you come out.

So you asked her if she wanted to play Dinosaur Farmers with your plastic dinosaurs. She said “Ok”. You gave her one of them. You kept Mr Roary for yourself, but you gave her Mr Bigteeth and he was almost as good.

She picked up Mr Bigteeth and looked at him, then she dropped him on the floor and smushed him with her hand. He turned into a flat disc of green plastic.

You started crying, and they came to see what happened. You told them Janey broke Mr Bigteeth, but they didn't believe you. Then they apologised and said one of them must have walked on it.

When they were gone, Janey told you she was sorry. She tried to fix Mr Bigteeth, but he just got weird and stretched-looking and his arms and legs and head didn't poke out properly. Janey said she'd bring a new one. You told her to look in Kmart, because you saw a dinosaur like Mr Bigteeth there once. Then you gave her a different dinosaur to play with until it was time to go. You decided not to give her Mr Stompy, so that meant she had to use Mr Wimpy. She didn't complain.

When it was time for your dinner, she said goodbye to you and left. You don't know where she lives.

When you got the mail today there was a letter. They helped you read it:

Dear Kim,

I had fun playing Dinosaur Farmers with you. I am sorry Mr Bigteeth broke. I am sorry I can't buy you a new one because my dad says I'm not allowed to visit you any more.

From Janey.
PS. I like you.


You put it away into your box of things you own, but you know the real reason Janey won't play any more. Today while you were learning about the letter L at school, you had to stop learning so Mr Jameson could make a serious announcement.

He told you that someone we might know got hit by a car yesterday. It was Janey. She was out walking by herself. Mr Jameson reminded you never to go out without a parent.

So now you cry, because Janey says she likes you, which made her your girlfriend. And your girlfriend is dead.
© Copyright 2011 poggles (poggles789 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1785694-Janey-says-she-likes-you