*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1785720-Flash-fiction---Master-or-Beast
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Contest Entry · #1785720
Flash fiction daily
Lilith spent all day in the mage tower having runes applied to her body with paint made from crushed leaves and tree sap.  She stood outside the glade of the tree of life nude waiting to begin the ritual.  Feeling a slight trepidation at what was to come she still felt prepared and ready for the next step.  Turning 100 years old today signaled it was time for her next stage of life.  As if sensing her readiness the leave barrier that formed the barrier began to part with the leaves drawing into themselves. 

Stepping across the threshold she saw the ancient one in the center, its massive trunk towering towards the sky forming the roof of its home.  Her naked skin had slight goose bumps regardless of the summer warmth.  The leaf barrier brushed across her pale perfect elfin skin as it closed.

Come to me child and kneel”, the words sounded in her mind.
Doing as asked she bowed her head while kneeling before the great tree.

“You have come for the ritual of the beast young one.  Great power and wisdom await you but be warned.  If you are not prepared for the raw primal power the beast will overcome you and your sentience will be lost forever”, she felt the seriousness behind the words.

“I am ready great one”, Lilith whispered in her mind.
Her runes shimmered and a great light engulfed the glade and she felt her body transform into a great tiger.  Her sharp claws and fur were nothing to the sheer power she felt as she exited the glade.  She felt the beast grab hold and beginning battling her.  A few minutes passed and believing herself under control she opened her eyes as she leapt in the deer’s direction claws extended.
© Copyright 2011 Supermonkey (jbhammer9370 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1785720-Flash-fiction---Master-or-Beast