*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1785814-Spider-Feast
by jania
Rated: E · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #1785814
What's that funny scratching noise.
         Several weeks have passed. The occurrences, gone like nightmares in the morning light. I have been sleeping peacefully. No scratching, tapping, or whisperings in the dark night. Only natural blissful silence. I savor these nights.

         I keep to myself, avoiding high traffic areas. Terrified that I might run into someone I know, someone who knows. I really tried to keep things quiet, but in a small town secrets never stay secret.The first ones to realize something was amiss were my crotchety old neighbors. They hated noise and all things out of the ordinary. If you had light sensors that illuminated your yard in the middle of the night, you would find the local deputy at your door. No matter the time, the deputy would want to know why I was disturbing the neighbors with the bright lights. When I first moved in the late night visits would terrify me from my peaceful slumber. Ripping me from my cozy dreamland into harsh reality. I would greet the deputy frazzled and on edge. Not the greatest combination when the need for poise and charm are much needed.
© Copyright 2011 jania (jania at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1785814-Spider-Feast