*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1786175-Frontiers
by soadh
Rated: E · Short Story · Animal · #1786175
Only by comparing man's behavior to that of an animal can we realize the Frontiers.
This summer, my dear friend Maha invited me to spend a few days with her at her villa which was located at a nearby village where you could enjoy fresh air, quietness, and green view. The villa had a guard which was a dog named Jack. Since I myself had used to raise cats, I thought that it was not a problem to meet Jack.

    I accepted the invitation gladly. I reached the village on one Saturday morning, where I found Maha waiting for me. We walked home. At last we reached there. The atmosphere was splendid. You could see trees in the garden, listen to birds singing, or enjoy quietness. We spent the first day talking on general matters, eating food we liked, or just sitting in the balcony breathing fresh air.

    On the second day, my friend arranged to take breakfast in the balcony. There she put a small table in front of our chairs, with plates containing kinds of food for breakfast. The only annoying thing was Flies, that insect that had kept flying around the food or resting on it. Actually I considered Flies as one of my enemies, but I had not known till that moment that it was an enemy for Jack too. Jack was more like a wolf than a dog, it was a trained dog.

    Since Jack had been deprived from people's company for a relatively long time, its favorite place was just near our chairs doing its job as a guard, kept parking with a sound that hurt my ears, and continued fighting Flies.

    Flies had kept annoying us, whether by landing on our hands or on food in front of us. One fly insisted on eating the same bite with me, which had made me utter a  loud sound, and at once Jack mouth was just near my face , and in a gentle tone It made nearly the same sound while looking at me, now I was looking at it too in a romantic scene. Maha has saved the situation by shouting at Jack to go away. Jack had moved away but kept looking at me. Maha said that Jack hates Flies to the extent that it could bite someone to kill the Fly. I remembered at once the story of "the Bear and His Friend."

    On other hand, I was thinking that Jack had taught me a lesson that I should never never again utter that sound whenever I see a Fly because it is the frontier of Jack's action, and the frontiers of politeness for me.   


     
© Copyright 2011 soadh (soadh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1786175-Frontiers