*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1786307-Shift
Rated: E · Chapter · Animal · #1786307
Jezebel Knight is shocked to find she's not human but a shapeshifter
Jezebel knows something is wrong as she tosses and turns in her bed. After a moment, Jezebel sits up. Her eyes are pale green orbs in the darkness. Jezebel's face was flushed, a sheen of sweat covering her from head to toe. And she felt queasy. Maybe I just need some fresh air. Jezebel though to herself. Jezebel pulled the covers back and rose. The girl walked to the door, silent as a cat, and slipped down the hall. Downstairs, Jezebel entered the kitchen and headed to the back door. Outside the night air was cool and refreshing. Jezebel's eyes flickered around and she froze. She could see everything in the back yard in crystal clear detail. The swing set sat in one corner of the yard, and Jezebel could see rust snaking up the chains. The leaves were gold and orange and red with Fall, and they lay scattered on the ground at the base of a giant maple tree. Jezebel could even see a ant crawling along the Maple tree's bark. Okay, this is freaky! Jezebel thought to herself. Your dreaming. No way can this be happening. But Jezebel couldn't be dreaming because she had never gone to sleep.
A shadow flickered at the edge of Jezebel's vision and her head whipped aroud to face the darkest part of the yard. Nothing seemed to move for several heavy second. Wait! What was that? Her head turned to the left but, once again, Jezebel couldn't seen anything. Go inside! Now! This is way to freaky. Get inside and lock the doors. Hide under the covers. Do SOMETHING! A voice in Jezebel's mind screamed at her... but Jezebel was rooted to the spot. There! Definate movement. Jezebel straned to make out a shapeand... yes. It was some sort of animal shape. Was it a...? The creature stepped forward and jezebel gasped. Because there was no way in heck that she was seeing what was before her. At first glance, her mind had said animal. But the thing in front of her was neither human nor animal but something in between.
The body was purely human, but black fur had sprouted over her from head to toe, so that Jezebel was gazing at what appeared to be a black panther, standing perfectly erect on two feet. Furry feet that weren't paws. Her hands were also human and furry, with delicately curved claws at the end of each. Gently rounded ears swiveled back and forth alertly and a tail twitched frm where it curled out from her spine.  The face though... big, blue, child eyes. Human eyes... and a mouth with delicately curved canines and sharp lttle teeth meant for chewing meat.
Jezebel took all this in in an instant... and then she screamed. Something clapped over Jezebel's mouth and she saw, much to her horror, that it was a very furry hand. The cat girl was glaring down at Jezebel now.
"Be quiet, Jezzy!" The girl hissed. Jezebel shut up. No one called her Jezzy except her closest friends. Slowly, the thing began to melt, it's features shifting into that of a girl. A human girl. Jezebel squeaked, lookin like she was about to faint.
© Copyright 2011 Molly Sue (molly-sue at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1786307-Shift