*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1786939-Glass-Heart---Chapter-1---Part-1
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Romance/Love · #1786939
It's easy to shatter glass, but impossible to put it back together without any cracks.
First, I think everyone who reads this deserves an explanation: this story, called "Glass Heart", is made up of a bunch of chapters. Each chapter, however, is its own little story. What you read in what chapter may be completely different from another chapter, or it may be quite similar. The characters will remain the same, but what happens to each of them will vary. The way I tell this story will be similar to that of a visual novel, and I may make this story into one of those eventually. Anyway, I hope you enjoy reading "Glass Heart".



I rated this 13+ even though everything right now seems pretty clean, simply because there will be some parts later that will be a little darker... there's some foreshadowing for you.



Also: this story takes place in Japan. Japanese customs are different from American ones, so if anything confuses you while you are reading this, just let me know and I will explain it to you.
*BigSmile*



Glass Heart

Chapter 1

Part 1




January, 2008



The snow was falling gently from the pale gray sky. It was my first day back at school after the new year. Although I had fun during the break, I was glad to be back. As with every break from school, there were a few people I had missed.

"Hey, Daisuke-san!" I turned around to see Yuka cradling her textbooks in her right arm as she waved with the other. She ran up to me and asked, "How have you been?"

"Fine, I guess, you?" I smiled, trying to hide my disappointment. Although I didn't mind seeing Yuka, I had hoped to see Natsumi before morning classes began.

"Not too bad. I missed you, though! I'm glad you're back."

"Yeah, me too. It was lonely being home alone all the time."

"Oh, did your parents work?"

"Yeah, except on Sundays."

"That must have been really boring. Too bad you can't drive yet; you could've gone somewhere fun!"

"I guess I could have taken the bus, but I was too lazy."

Just then, the bell rang, and Yuka and I dashed inside.

I stepped into class late, but since my last name was towards the end on the attendance list, I wasn't marked as being absent, which I was very thankful for. My mother always got angry when I was late to class, and I didn't want to start off the year with her being mad.

I picked a seat in the back and set my dark-green backpack beside my seat, then placed my head on my desk, waiting for my name to be called for attendance.

"Nakagawa-san?" I looked to the person who had called my name, then realized I had failed to see who I had sat next to. Natsumi looked at me with her gorgeous, dark eyes and smiled.

"Natsumi--I mean, Suzuki-san. Hi." I stumbled over my words.

"Please, call me Natsumi." She smiled again.

"Then call me Daisuke." We'd never talked too much, so this sudden friendship was unexpected--but not unappreciated. I offered my hand, hoping she wouldn't think a handshake now would be awkward. She didn't.

"Wow, I can't believe I get to be in your class this year, Daisuke-san."

"Yeah, I'm really excited." If I was dreaming, I didn't want anyone to wake me up.

The teacher then silenced us before continuing with attendance. Our lesson started as soon as she was finished. Natsumi and I tried to talk a few more times, but the teacher threatened to split us up if we continued to do so, and I thought that nothing was worth being away from Natsumi, so I remained silent. As slow as the time passed after that, it was finally time for lunch. I stood up and grabbed my bento box, then felt a hand grab my own. It was Natsumi.

"Um, Daisuke-san... would it be okay if we ate lunch together today?" She blushed.

"That's fine with me." I smiled, and she did the same. We stood and walked to the hallway. We were allowed to eat pretty much anywhere on school grounds, but it was too cold outside to sit anywhere but indoors.

I wanted to keep a fair distance from Natsumi to prevent her from becoming uncomfortable, so I left about a foot between us. "Why are you sitting so far away, Daisuke-san?" She scooted closer to me; so close that our bodies were almost touching. "People will think we're strangers if you sit so far away."

"Ah, sorry." I blushed.

"Daisuke, are you embarrassed?" She moved even closer to me, then placed her head on my shoulder for a moment before moving away again. "You don't need to be embarrassed." She smiled, and I smiled back.

We stared at the fluffy, white snow falling outside, thinking that everything would be as harmless and innocent as the snow.

________________________________

Well, that's it!! I know this was pretty short, consider it the prologue. I'll try to write more when I can. I hope you liked it!
© Copyright 2011 Kitty Labinnak (frankenkitty at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1786939-Glass-Heart---Chapter-1---Part-1