*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1787128-Fan-Fiction---My-flash-entry
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Contest Entry · #1787128
A piece of fiction from my old days of EQ. As close as I remembered of course.
Faeydin had been trekking across the frozen tundra for three days.  Her staff slung across her back and her skeleton pet walking alongside her.  She had been a necromancer for almost 100 years and during that time had collected all but one piece of the staff of life.  It is a powerful weapon that could call forth the most ancient warriors from the grave that even the mightiest necromancers could not. 

The wind was blowing and snow falling enough to obscure anyone else’s vision but her Dark elf heritage allowed her to see better than any race.  The old wizard she had encountered in the shack she had found in Kithicor forest had told her the final piece of the staff would be in the Tower of Frozen Shadow near the Iceclad Ocean. 

Broken out of her daydream she almost bumped into her pet that was standing still, sword in hand, looking ahead with empty eyes.  The tower was ahead, its sinister outline clearly visible with the coming sunset. 

Entering the large black door at the front Faeydin quickly dispatched several skeletons that attacked.  Near the back of the ruined first floor was a large spectral apparition.  In its hand was the final piece.  Faeydin readied a spell and approached the spirit warrior. 

“WHY DO YOU COME TO THIS CURSED PLACE DARK ONE”? , the voice boomed from all around her.

Shaken but holding steady, “I seek the final piece ancient one”, the threat evident in her tone.

“THEN COME TAKE IT…IF YOU CAN”Faeydin’s pet was quickly reduced to a pile of bones and dark magic filled the room.  When it was over she stood as a cursed one with the keeper of the tower as her pet had stood with her.
© Copyright 2011 Supermonkey (jbhammer9370 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1787128-Fan-Fiction---My-flash-entry